Thread: Group Buy: Budget CRI 95 LED Strip Lights

Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 335 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3345
    Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Rating the unit lower and beginning production with the unit as it stands is the best idea.

As I said before, save perfection for V2. This is likely to spill into 2016 and onwards otherwise.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

Brandon gave everyone the option at each stage to stay in , anyone who didn't know this was developing something that didn't exist on the market in this form isn't paying attention. I've found Brandon to be straight up and honest and amazingly through all his health issues he's persisted with this were many would have given up. I think in the end people will be happy with what comes out of it and the next time out it will be a place your order and ship. birth of something new can be a painful process but we got a vote on each stage whether to keep going.
    Film, A glorious dance between Technology and Art....!
    Epic-W......

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Steele View Post
    Brandon ignored all of my messages after I paid... At least the last 7... . I asked several times if i could get the lights... No answer...

I can assure you that I was not ignoring you. The last email I have from you is February 10th, Lawrence. I'm not sure where your 7 missing emails went to. I searched all 3 email accounts you might have emailed me at. Still looking. If you want your lights now, confirm your address and phone number by email and they will go out as soon as possible.

EDIT: FOUND YOU

I just sent you an email about your shipping details. Your stuff will go out tomorrow if you get back to me today. Email is the best way to reach me.

EDIT: OOPS

Found your address in a PM from early July. I missed it and apologize. It was around the time I was in the hospital. For about 3 weeks I was totally out of commission. I just submitted your order for delivery. I'm sorry.

I think we need to coordinate something. When we hit the year mark....down to the minute when the thread when up....lets all take a shot together. Lets drink to a crazy ride, crazy idea, and a year of work....working with each other....and the amount of energy and effort that has gone into this thread. Its pretty amazing really.

Check your PM... some you answered, some not...

" If you want your lights now, confirm your address and phone number by email and they will go out as soon as possible."

I did that, the last time on the 07-01-2015, 09:41 PM..... And after that I asked what happened… If you like, I can post some screenshots.

But i can understand your situation, so not a big problem. But you should also understand, that not all are total happy with the situation.

edit:

Your health is more important than some lights, so really no big problem. As I wrote, you did a great job. But I hope its ok, that I think from time to time: “dam, I could need the lights now…” J
    Last edited by Lawrence Steele; 11-05-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Steele View Post
    But i can understand your situation, so not a big probleme. But you should also understand, that not all are total happy with the situation.
    Including me. I'm not at all happy with the situation. I totally understand. In the future, please email me about issues with your order. Everything was submitted for the warehouse to send you your stuff. It will be today or tomorrow morning that it goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J.F. View Post
    I had a late night, 5am my time, Skype talk with the manufacturer. They are lowering the frequency of the controller in 3 increments to find which is the highest frequency that keeps things cool. That's in process now and should be the last step in getting things optimized. Once they settle on the frequency and pcb combination, they will need to make a few software tweaks. Then they're shipping off the sample to me. It looks like it will be next week. I'll get status updates along the way and will keep everyone informed.

I sure hope so. It's looking like December.

Good idea. I'll dig some stuff up when I'm back at my computer.

I'll email you today, Note.
    thanks.

I've been keeping up with the status of this one, even though I requested to receive my strips before, rather than wait for the controller. I think the controller is going to be worth waiting for. I just did a job where we needed a lot of strips at a very last second for a sci-fi film, so we used all of what I had from this group order, plus some from LiteGear. I think what people need to know is that the price of a polished/readily available product is much more costly then what is here. Even LiteGear's affordable dimmer is 150$ and it only handles 4Amps(~8').

I understand that people paid for this product already, but if you guys really need something to dim you strips, just order a couple micro dimmers, especially if you're holding back from using the strips till you have something to control them. I know for a fact if I ordered a bunch of strips and had nothing to dim them with I would be a little more than eager to get these controllers. So don't get me wrong, I'm excited for these controllers to get wrapped up, and when I mentioned LiteGear as an alternative for the time being, I just say that for those who really need a dimmer yesterday, like myself. Even though I own tons of Litegear product, I also plan on getting more controllers from Brandon after these ones get sent out. They are still much cheaper than their cheapest, and they still can power more than their best.

Here's some pictures I took from my poor iPhone 5.

All the practicals are LED strips, there's more on the wall and above the bed area.

A little messy :/ but here's a couple DMX dimmers linked in with a 12Amp power supply on a back of a flat. All fresnels and LED were DMX-ed.

Lots of green spill. All the tungsten lights were off in this picture. Art dept ran out of practical elements for a cockpit and VFX agreed to add some in post. Because the elements were recessed in, lighting green card from above created a lot of problems with shadows of the frame, and that mixed with character's hair would also be problematic. So we, the lighting dept thru some 30+ chunks of strips to backlight green + Diffusion and VFX decided that, that would be the best way around it.

Needed a bit of extra light on the kid's faces, wide shot.

Props needed a small prop to glow(Forgot to take a picture of the prop)

Basically, just a small 12V battery with 2 small chunks of LED stuck to it, wrapped in heatshrink to give it a clean look

Since they didn't last all day, so I built multiples. But I couldn't figure out of a way to turn them off and on. So I ended up using a small piece of plastic to slide in between the battery and the contact.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts Brandon.

Good to see the strips in action Corey, thanks.

Edit - Was going to ask if international orders were also going out on schedule, but got the timeline wrong, my PM confirming request for separate delivery of spools was in May, but subsequent e-mails were exchanged in September, so not that long ago.
    Last edited by Les Hillis; 11-05-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Awesome Corey.
    Regards,
    Martin Stevens

President and Founder of Glidecam Industries, Inc.
    Producer and Director at Metaphoric Pictures Corporation.