Thread: Group Buy: Budget CRI 95 LED Strip Lights

Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 335 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3345
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Newman View Post
    Brandon,

If you know the shipping charges for a set of lights before they are sent - why not wait until funds are received by you before sending the lights?

Just trying to avoid you uncesssarily getting out of pocket.

AJ
    Unfortunately, I can't see the handling charges until the shipment is submitted for fulfillment. I would have to submit the order, get the total, cancel the order, invoice for shipping, and then when it's paid type in all the info again for the order fulfillment. It's easier to have a float. Eventually, it will be automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J.F. View Post
    Most of you guys are great about paying the shipping and handling charges right away, but a growing few still have unpaid invoices (going back to early May). With the way things are setup right now, I have to front these charges.
    Are you talking about the ones asking for their light before or everybody? Because I never received any invoice for shipping and handling I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sam karr View Post
    Because I never received any invoice for shipping and handling I think.
    I did not either, I assume that is only for when something is actually shipped.
    Loren Simons
    RED Digital Cinema
    Field Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Simons View Post
    I did not either, I assume that is only for when something is actually shipped.
    Yeah, it's only after things are shipped.

$108.61 shipping fees for me (europe)... if i knew that, i would have waited until the controllers are ready... now i have to pay twice...And much more than it was in the beginning...
    At the time i orderd Brandons plan was to ship from europe

Lawrence, the fulfillment company charges a small handling fee for each item shipped. You had the maximum number of items that could be shipped at once, and you are not in the EU, which probably adds to the shipping cost. A couple weeks ago you were complaining that I did not get the lights out faster to you. Now you wish that I sent them later. There doesn't seem to be any outcome that you would have been happy with. At least, based an email you sent privately, you like the lights...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J.F. View Post
    You had the maximum number of items that could be shipped at once
    How many items was it?

Sam Karr... Brandon wrote me some minute ago, that the max is 20 items...of course, each connector kit also counts as 1 item.

Brandon, you didn’t communicate the shipping situation. It is the first time you mention the 20 rule. And until a few month ago, you told me you can also ship from Europe.

"and you are not in the EU, which probably adds to the shipping cost" Shouldn’t be much, Switzerland hat some quite good contracts with the US and also the EU. (I get packages from the USA approx. every 2-3 month)...

To receive all the information earlier would have been nice.

It seems, i will have to pay about 160- 200 Dollar for shipping... (8x LED, 8x Controller, 6x connection kit, 4x PowerSupply)
    Last edited by Lawrence Steele; 11-19-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Reading that, I hope there will be more transparency before the main shipping starts.
    I wanted to get my stuff in advance, but canceld it again, when I realized, that i wouldn't get it in time for my project.
    But Brandon, you never answered my questions concerning shipping costs and if i would be best to combine shipping for several buyers or not.

When I would like to combine shipping, can it only be up to a total of 20 items?

Could you please publish the cost and conditions in advance, before everything will be shipped!
    Does it make a difference shipping to EU or Switzerland? So one can choose the best option.

I know you have a lot of trouble with all this and I am very grateful for all the work you put into this group buy!

But it is not the fist time that I think a bit more documetation and information would have helped you and us. Many questions and a lot of emails could have been avoided.
    For example a listing of the shipping conditions, more informations on the actual content of the connector or power supply kits, maybe a photo of those kits, so one knows, what one is buying. Sent to all the buyers, everybody would haved gained.
    Last edited by Nils Rausch; 11-20-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils Rausch View Post
    Reading that, I hope there will be more transparency before the main shipping starts.
    I wanted to get my stuff in advance, but canceld it again, when I realized, that i wouldn't get it in time for my project.
    But Brandon, you never answered my questions concerning shipping costs and if i would be best to combine shipping for several buyers or not.

If everything is ready, will it be shiped from Europe or from the US for European buyers?

When I would like to combine shipping, can it only be up to a total of 20 items?

Could you please publish the cost and conditions in advance, before everything will be shipped!
    Does it make a difference shipping to EU or Switzerland? So one can choose the best option.

I know you have a lot of trouble with all this and I am very grateful for all the work you put into this group buy!

But it is not the fist time that I think a bit more documetation and information would have helped you and us. Many questions and a lot of emails could have been avoided.
    For example a listing of the shipping conditions, more informations on the actual content of the connector or power supply kits, maybe a photo of those kits, so one knows, what one is buying. Sent to all the buyers, everybody would haved gained.
    Officially, everything is coming from the US and is declared at the proper value. Unofficially, talk to me privately. Isn't this obvious? :)

The 20 item limit is a "soft limit". After 20 items the fees go up a lot. It's cheaper to break it into multiple shipments then. I didn't know it existed until recently...

I don't remember the question. Are you saying you want to combine your order with other people that have ordered also and live near you to save on shipping? Logistically, this might make my head explode :)

Regarding the kits and connectors, I sent a PDF and posted pictures a long time ago. I'll look for them if you need me to...

The shipping costs are what it would be to get anything shipped from the US to Europe plus a buck or two handling per item. There are 3+ tons of stuff to deal with. I can't mail it all out myself. It's not physically possible. I've been very upfront about using a fulfillment company.