Thread: Group Buy: Budget CRI 95 LED Strip Lights

Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 333 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3327
    Karl, I think the high power mats are supposed to be 240 watts (24V). I guess that's with all warm and cold color LEDs running.

Yes, but looking for wattage or amperage with 24v power supply feeding one or two high power mats. IE: are they 100 watts per mat, 200 watts per mat, etc. based on power consumption of 24v power supply being fed 120 volts. For example, the Skypanel S60 consumes a measured 410 watts @120 volts.

Trying to guestimate how bright those hipo mats are.

Mostly I just want to receive the mats and 24v power supplies I ordered, oh, a while ago.

I also want to receive the connector kit I ordered with the original group buy- from 2014. I did receive my controllers and vari-strips this year.

I would also like my posts posted on the Facebook group. Keeping a question in "Pending" status indefinitely is not a form of effective communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J.F. View Post
    The next shipment will be in April. Blog/Group will have the latest.
    Hi Brandon,

It has been just shy of 4 months since you've updated this thread. It has been over a month since you updated the Blog on KoraLED. It sounded from the last post on the blog that your new hire was about to contact everyone left in the group buy to finalize shipment. I have heard nothing from that person either.

I hardly think any of us in this group buy could be accused of impatience. But I would like to at least be kept up to date. When am I likely to be fulfilled? I think it's reasonable for me to ask and get at least a rough estimate.

In the same boat Mike.. So many other products are out there now.
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fx9
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com

My apologies to the community; I hate that we're at this point again.

Brandon is again refusing to offer any refund.

I have worked with him in the past in good faith to try and find a buyer(s) for my orders. Brandon led me to believe throughout this 6 month process of trying to find a buyer, that if they didn't sell, he would offer the refund. I have posted here, as well as other sites/pages that Brandon himself had personally recommended. I gave these sale listings every opportunity to succeed and communicated clearly with anyone interested. Unfortunately, there were no buyers.

When approaching Brandon about the refund, he again bluntly stated "there are no refunds", indicating that while I was operating in good faith to spare Brandon the trouble of issuing a refund - even at the expense to myself of a huge discount on the items for sale - that Brandon himself was not operating in good faith. Essentially, I have been misled by Brandon for more than half a year, despite my efforts to work with him to resolve this issue.

In the end, he is refusing to provide any refund. This is despite being unable to provide any factual or legal basis for this "no return policy", and despite my offers to work with him to establish a repayment plan or schedule that would not impose a financial burden on him.

I hate being here, but posting publicly, in the past, has been the only way to effectively see any movement on this issue, and hold Brandon accountable to his customers.

Again, I just want a refund. I'm willing to setup a payment plan and work with Brandon, and want to know why he's burning his customer base this way.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed" -- Stanley Kubrick

8K Weapon VV Monstro #1882 --Sus Volantes
    6K RED Epic-M

Ted, Mike, Karl, and everybody else who participated in this GB and hasn't completely given up yet: we are creating a database of buyers and their order dates to form a baseline of how orders are being fulfilled and how we can best track progress. This information is vital to empowering the group buyers going forward, and will also benefit Brandon and the integrity of his business. For your own sake and that of the rest of us, please send me a message with your order info to be added to the chart.

In Solidarity,
    Sean

Nathaniel - please email me at (pcgatflightavdotcom) to arrange for a reasonable purchase of your lights. Brandon is a stand up fellow, doing all of us as much good as he possibly can despite:

••• great health challenges,
    ••• the already not insignificant challenge of designing and manufacturing ANY product - let alone a HIGH CRI / QUALITY BUDGET LIGHTING SYSTEM (That IS the name of this thread and any cinematographer on the planet should be well acquainted with the Fast vs Great vs Cheap rule ••• which will NEVER be violated) let alone
    ••• trying to offer upgrades and bonuses and extra products and accessories (he doesn't have to) let alone
    ••• the massive amount of organization and business infrastructure required to manage all of this (which he didn't have at first and so which cost him insane amounts of personal hours to do manually).

I'm not a mod here but have been around for a little while and have to say I really don't like the increasingly negative tone in this thread and will only say that WE ALL 100% KNEW THE RISKS WHEN WE CHOSE TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS OR ANY GROUP BUY - just as I've known the risk when losing literally hundreds of dollars on Kickstarter campaigns that went under. I was even part of the disaster fiasco of "The Beast" Gimbal group buy that went on for nearly 5 years if i recall and was more measured than regarding much more money than is involved here.

If you want OUT - hit me up and I'll make it my mission to find a buyer for your place in line at a fair price because there is ZERO chance Brandon won't deliver. If you don't want out, please then kindly try and keep your comments positive and remain patient as products are coming and those were the rules we agreed to when backing a group buy in the first place (check RED User Sticky on group buys if unclear).

I do understand feelings of frustrations but honestly with my offer above, you have no cause to feel stuck or wronged. Let's get some perspective and be the best smart reasonable problem solvers we movie / tv guys are known to be thank you I look forward to hearing from you.
    PAUL CHRISTOPHER GREENE
    director | Local 600 DP | composer

Chicago, IL | worldwide

www.paulchristophergreene.com

RED Epic Dragon - MoVI - Helix Seal Team - Proline Raven Steadicam "AR" Config. - Modifed X-Fold UHL 55 pound FAA 333 UAV
    Zeiss, Leica, Canon primes & zooms - RT Motion 2 motor force joystick FIZ, Paralinx Tomahawk
    nMac Pro, Adobe CC, Media Composer, Devinci Resolve, AVID Protools surround studio +

PC Greene - Thanks for volunteering to help Nathaniel out of his bind when Brandon has been having more difficulties following through. Your supportive community spirit is appreciated.

Along the same lines, I don't think Nathaniel or anyone else has been unduly critical or unreasonable. Just as we'd like to keep things positive toward Brandon, let's please keep them positive toward one another as we struggle along toward receiving these exciting lights. I'd say Nathaniel has clearly demonstrated reason to feel stuck and wronged, and his post helped lead him to a new possible solution. I see no need to shame one another for speaking up about our frustrations or reasonably presenting our needs and experiences. That's what a forum is.

Sean