Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DRAGONolor2 and REDcolor4 Beta and the H20 underwater OLPF

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Love it... I was waiting for this, and will put it to use as soon as it is ready... Got two more under water Fashion Films on the way to film on DragonM8 and the A-RED Ewa-Marine splash bag housing, and ordered the GL Optic 18-35 for it... :)

Thanks again for buying your GL optix 18-35 T2 lens through me. I hope that you'll enjoy working with it. Looking forward to your review!
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de

Right on! Just picked up DRAGON 609 from having the interchangeable OLPF installed TODAY! Great timing!

I've been fortunate to test out DRAGONcolor2 and REDcolor4 on my last few gigs now. I just wrapped and got in town, but I'll share some images soon.

Mostly I've been focused on DRAGONcolor2 and as Jarred mentioned you'll notice a "truer blue". Which is nice on subtle and deep hues. I think there's also a slight benefit there to skin tones as well. I'll have to post some samples in a bit. You'll certainly see the subtle change on common chip charts, but I've seen improvement on fabrics and skies too with varying values across the IRE range. Subtle but nice. Certainly useful on this last couple weeks of shooting for sure.

I'll have to knock on Adobe's door after the holidays to get them to update the importer and get this implemented quickly. Also, we need to remind them to add D.E.B. into the plugin as it's been in DaVinci Resolve for some time now. Gotta get it done.

New Color Science is always good news and my current project will be swinging over to the "new cool" as of now for sure.

Thanks Graeme, Rob, and "all y'all"!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Green View Post
    Right on! Just picked up DRAGON 609 from having the interchangeable OLPF installed TODAY! Great timing!
    Good running into today Casey. It's been a while! Heh. I always seem to bump into somebody when picking up gear at RSH.

Also, happy holiday break to the RSH Store Crew. Love you guys.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Mostly I've been focused on DRAGONcolor2 and as Jarred mentioned you'll notice a "truer blue".
    Huzzzah! One of the most distinguishing "features" of RED originated footage has always been the muddy blues. We were working for an aerospace company and all of our aerial footage straight out of the camera always really bugged me. Kodak (and by extension Alexa's homage) really loves to pop the blue. This'll make me a happy camper. Although I kind of already get this with FilmConvert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Huzzzah! One of the most distinguishing "features" of RED originated footage has always been the muddy blues. We were working for an aerospace company and all of our aerial footage straight out of the camera always really bugged me. Kodak (and by extension Alexa's homage) really loves to pop the blue. This'll make me a happy camper. Although I kind of already get this with FilmConvert.
    This one is certainly a subtle update, but "truer" is the way to be overall. Especially when it comes to blue hues.

It's within grading distance for sure in terms of a comparison between the old and the new, but having this straight out of camera is going to be great.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Love the passion, the innovation!

RED = Research. Everything. Daily.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    Love the passion, the innovation!

RED = Research. Everything. Daily.
    Ha ha you talked to Fincher today didn't you :)

Awesome!

So excited to see new OLPF's coming.

:)

Well,

Rather than being super excited about something I have not yet seen in action, I will wait to see if the underwater OLPF really solves, or even ameliorates, the severe issues RED has been having underwater. I certainly hope so, I truly do.
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi Herbert View Post
    Well,

Rather than being super excited about something I have not yet seen in action, I will wait to see if the underwater OLPF really solves, or even ameliorates, the severe issues RED has been having underwater. I certainly hope so, I truly do.
    This is the kind of post that Jim use to go off on...RUDE. Can we come over to your house and take a crap on your front porch?
    Director of Photography
    CF Monstro VV Weapon package
    Sigma Cine Primes