Thread: Letus Helix Jr. Group Buy!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Letus Helix Group Buy! (Full and Jr.) 
    GROUP BUY IS CLOSED. Visit Letusdirect.com to purchase.

I'm excited to introduce the Group Buy for the Letus Helix Jr. 3-axis gimbal!

Here's the list of those committed:

1) Edward Hall - Helix
    2) Enrique Blein - Jr.
    3) Michael Jarvis
    4) Steve Das - Jr.
    5) Regis Larue - Helix
    6) Steve Galvano
    7) Randy Panado - Jr.
    8) john zerihoun
    9) Paul Schefz
    10) Tim Milgram
    11) Gregg Goodhew - Helix
    12) Mikael Lubtchansky - Helix
    13) Jensen Yancey - Jr.
    14) Kim Blidorf - Jr.
    15) Gregory Gabrenya
    16) Mike Hsieh - Helix
    17) Brandon Fowler
    18) Florin Danilov - Jr.
    19) Phil Hover - Jr.
    20) Mark Hroch - Helix
    21) Mark Hofmeyr - Jr.
    22) Paul Hazlett - Helix
    23) Adam Simpson - Jr.
    24) Sabyasachi Patra - Helix
    25) Malik Tigrine - Helix
    26) Anthony Connors - Jr.
    27) Alan Skinner - Helix
    28) Daniel Watkins - Jr.
    29) Steve Green - 4-Axis Helix
    30) Lawrence Le - Jr.
    31) Mitch Mommaerts - 4-Axis Helix
    32) Ning Wong - Jr.
    33) Lawrence Steele - Jr.
    34) Bill Totolo - Helix
    35) Jacob Hultgren - Jr.

Our production company has been researching the best gimbal solution for us. The journey has led us to this group buy of the Helix Jr…. Hands down the most interesting solution with a radically different design— a design with real world production in mind. Here’s the story...Over the past few weeks, we have had the opportunity to be hands-on with the Defy G2 and the G5, we were able to get a close look at the Ronin, and finally we tested a DIY option. We are quite familiar with the Freefly products as the M10 has been our default when a gimbal has been needed, as a rental piece. I’m not here to discredit those units. I’m sure they have their place, but after looking at these options, we circled back to Letus. Letus is a company that we have grown to trust and respect over the years. When Helix was introduced at NAB 2012, the design intrigued us and then... how it matured and looked like the Letus “Man-Cam" at NAB 2014.

A few years ago, I saw the BTS for "The Ticket" a film Shane Hurlbut shot using a 1Dc camera, and I was so impressed by how it was rigged. I asked around and found out about the Letus Master Cinema Series rigs and absolutely fell in love with them. Our studio now owns multiple MCS rigs in multiple configurations (Man-Cam, shoulder mount, studio mount). I also truly love the Letus follow focus. We also own the Arri MFF and the Letus is right up there with the Arri as far as action, and we tend to use the Letus more, just because of the mounting ease. For those of you who haven't, you should look at these products.

We are fairly new to the gimbal world and have been thrown into it because we are producing a new documentary-style TV series for national distribution. It’ll be shot strictly hand-held. So, with our research of the Helix Jr, we know we have found the gimbal for us. When it comes to versatility (up to 7 lbs payload… GH4, A7s, but will also handle our stripped down RED and C100 with ease!), simplicity, design (ergonomics, ergonomics, ergonomics!), and price, I don't see anything that compares to the Helix Jr... Especially, because it's backed by a company that we have grown to admire.
    Here are a few more things that tipped the scale for us. The Helix Jr weighs only 3.5 lbs! (Ronin is 9.3). We also really like the fact that you can hold the unit close to your body, and even use your camera's LCD if you so choose. It's got a flat bottom, you can set it down without needing a stand! If you are a run/gun/hand-held shooter, Helix is the natural choice for you.
    We are truly excited about the Helix Jr. as we are about this new style of filming.

Group buy details:

1) We receive $200 off the introductory retail price for the full ready-to-use handheld kit. (Retail Price is $2899)
    2) We also get the Blue Tooth module -- Free. (BT module price is $99)
    3) Free domestic shipping.
    4) 10-day money back refund with no restocking fee.
    5) You will also get a free upgrade to the standard Helix plate! (or you can get both the JR and Standard plate for $75) Here is a page that describes the differences between the plates

Final price for RED users is $2699.

I think this deal is very generous, especially when considering that the Helix Jr. is already the best value out there and the fact that their customer service is great. I can personally attest to this and the fact that Letus customer support will work with you one on one to get you and keep you 100% up.

GROUP BUY Update! Users can now also get a discount on the full Helix! For more information on the differences of the two models, see post #64.

The "Red Edition” Helix (available only during this Group Buy) will include:
    1) Free Power Pack (battery, charger, and battery cage)
    2) Free Bluetooth Module
    3) Free 2nd Operator Module
    4) Free domestic shipping
    5) 10-day money back refund with no restocking fee

We will get all of this ($4505 plus shipping) for the standard Helix price of $3975 flat. Your kit will also include everything that the Letus Helix - 3 Axis Camera Stabilizer includes.

Other details
    -In order to guarantee this price, we need at least 25 users on board.
    -Orders will be placed directly through Letus on a hidden page just for RED users.
    -Shipping will be ESTIMATED for late January. Our orders will be ahead of the first public orders. In keeping with Letus' customer support, good communication and updates will happen virtually everyday, and if there are delays, they will be clear and you will know in real time.

I will be working closely with Aaron on this deal and we will answer any questions you might have. I commit to checking this thread everyday and doing my very best to answer every question.

The order page will open soon, as well as info on when this buy will end. For now, please reply with interest so we can get a list going!

Here's a link to the Helix Jr. page

Steven Galvano
    Colors Studios
    www.ColorsStudios.com
    Steven Galvano
    Producer, "The Church"
    http://TheChurchShow.com
    "The Best Show To Hit TV Since The Office"

Awesome! I have the first issue Helix and am very happy with the performance and great support the folks at Letus have provided.
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Best CS at Letus!

Great deal Spaulgal. So the Jr. will hold a stripped Red without issues?
    Red Scarlet X, Canon 5D II, GH4. Cinegear wireless FF. Letus Helix (soon). Wireless HDMI monitor. GL Contax Zeiss EOS: 28mm f2, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4 135mm f2. Davinci Resolve, Speedgrade, Adobe CS6, FCX.
    Los Angeles - Austin - Mexico City.

Quote Originally Posted by regis larue View Post
    Great deal Spaulgal. So the Jr. will hold a stripped Red without issues?
    Regis, here is the direct quote from Aaron (I will ask him what can be done as far as getting the Helix plate as part of this deal.)

"Although we have targeted Jr. at small cameras like the GH4 and A7s, it will handle much larger ones. All you have to do is take the plate from the full size Helix and replace the one on the Jr. That will let you utilize even a stripped down RED. The motors/frame can handle the weight no problem. The Jr. is narrower than the bigger Helix so it's more of a physical size limit than a weight limit. Something like the C100 would be no problem."
    Steven Galvano
    Producer, "The Church"

I would like to know the exact specifics of "stripped down red"... Even with stills glass I can't get that low... The brain, without cables, mount, SSD module is 5lbs... not being a skeptic, I just want know if it's doable with my set up/kit...

Steven, Aaron,
    Can it handle a C300? Broadcasters specifically ask me to use a C300. Will the Letus Jr be able to handle it?

Mike- I'll pull out the scale tomorrow and see how light I can make a setup. I'll also check in with Aaron and see exactly what the hard limit is. There is a curious "+" after the "7lbs" on the product page.

Sabyasachi- Yes, but of course it depends on the lens. A fully outfitted C300 weighs in at about 5.5lbs. (Monitor, grip, batt, card).
    Steven Galvano
    Producer, "The Church"

I'm also really looking for the specifications as I'd like to jump in it if it can handle Reds.

Will the Helix jr. have the same option as the Helix sr. to power the camera from the helix juicebox?
    Th:)mmes Ulfeng, Norway.