Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Build 16 Warning!

Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    best keys I have ever seen pulled with red footage.

It is assumed that the current internal processors, FPGAs, buses, sensor clock, etc are unable to manage 100MB/sec compressed to RedCode RAW. It is further assumed that improvements in the near term are primarily algorithms, code optimizations and the like. Various statements by RedTeam members support this view. That said, only the RedTeam knows for sure.

hopefully we'll know something soon. NAB is a distant memory. build 16 must be quite difficult to assemble now with so much code and moving pieces. hopefully they kept the code as modular as possible. it really sounds like they took it apart completely and rebuilt it ground up
    Film, A glorious dance between Technology and Art....!
    Epic-W......

Banned
    thats all great and back slapping happy good to hear. but as a straight forward user, can you tell me what i will be expecting in build 16? what am i getting ? and how will it affect me as a end user and shooter?
    I just dont want to download it and end up with some new bells and whistels that i dont need or want.
    and what are we talking about in new functionality. will i have to wait to upgrage untill I have fully read though the manual for 16 I dont wan tto end up not knowing how to fix something that I knew how to in build 15

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by haophat View Post
    thats all great and back slapping happy good to hear. but as a straight forward user, can you tell me what i will be expecting in build 16? what am i getting ? and how will it affect me as a end user and shooter?
    I just dont want to download it and end up with some new bells and whistels that i dont need or want.
    and what are we talking about in new functionality. will i have to wait to upgrage untill I have fully read though the manual for 16 I dont wan tto end up not knowing how to fix something that I knew how to in build 15

Thank you
    Haophat, it sounds like you are pretty fearful of change. If so, why get into Red in the first place?
    Anyway, you can always just keep build 15 going.
    www.albedovfx.com
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter McCully View Post
    Haophat, it sounds like you are pretty fearful of change. If so, why get into Red in the first place?
    Anyway, you can always just keep build 15 going.
    Its not that i am fearful of change afterall I bought into a red, its just with the Jobs I do, there is no time for wasted time and not knowing how to adjust your camera or find a function you knew where it was but now has changed, and this forces you to run to a manual, is just not acceptable.

So I am just trying to figure out what's comming next so I can anticipate the change and be ready for what it may do.