Thread: Shoulder pad for RED ONE

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Shoulder pad for RED ONE 
    Hey there need some help with my shoulder rig. I bought a red one a while back and I don't have a solution for padding. I have an external pad that goes around my arm but not a real one that connects to the dovetail. The camera as you know is heavy and I am using rpprimes too. I have a feature to shoot in the late summer and need to figure this out asap.

Has anyone tried this? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ulder_Pad.html

I can't find any pads for 19mm so far.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Aaron Mouser; 03-18-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: sp

I would suggest heading over to the EFP/ENG forum; lots of shoulder rig ideas there. Also if you have a photo of your camera package, fully rigged, that might help others suggest a shoulder pad. I too am in the market for a shoulder rig to support an Epic w/ B4 Fujinon 2/3" zoom servo lens. Personally I am considering the Zacuto VCT, dumping their rails and mounting my own dovetail/rails to that cheese plate.

Edit: 19mm Shoulder Pad by Movcam (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ulder_Pad.html)
    Last edited by Kyle Weerheim; 03-18-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Definitely want it balanced in the middle. Currently my rig is wayyyy too top heavy. Looks like that Zacuto is 15mm tho
    Last edited by Aaron Mouser; 03-18-2015 at 07:01 PM.

The zacuto is indeed 15mm, but our Epic is mounted atop a DSMC 15mm rail adaptor which is screwed into the mounting plate that slides into a quick-plate release. The idea is to mount the QP-release to the Zacuto stage for quick/easy camera transfer to a tripod.

Last edited by Kyle Weerheim; 03-19-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Aaron, I wasn't a fan of the Porta Brace. As of now, I have the Letus leather pad velcroed to a thin arri dovetail. i can slide it out of baseplate and then throw camera right on tripod.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...oulder%20letus
    Steve Sherrick

Went ahead and grabbed a porta. If it doesn't work for my red rig I'll throw it on my 15mm BMPC rig which is considerably lighter. Like the look of that letus tho. Looks nice.

Banned
    Aaron,

I got the Porta... it has more padding which is nice bit also lifts the setup a bit higher...

- M