Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OFFHOLLYWOOD OMOD Modules for RED WEAPON

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    any updates on actual photos and prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    any updates on actual photos and prices?
    We will announce final pricing heading into IBC. I'll sneak some pics out next month or maybe a few sooner ahead of IBC - when my Forged Weapon shows up :)

But all the designs and technical specs are very different from what we showed at NAB. MUCH better.

I'm trying to keep my cards a little closer to my chest until all things are locked and loaded - but our board - aka "The Omod Engine" (8 layers) has some pretty crazy functionality that I am dying to show off.

We not only interface with Weapon's IO - we have an ARM processor that can read and parse RCP commands and do things when you change settings on the camera. Stacey Spears is guiding the engineers on an open API for test pattern generation for color calibration that is revolutionary.

And in addition to the 3D LUT ability in the Weapon - The OMOD Engine will get you another TWO independent 33x33x33 3D LUTs, and you can store at least 16 of them - and lots of other goodness like wireless, internal GENLOCK. So, if you are shooting VR for example - with a bunch of cameras - you can lock TC and GENLOCK 100% with no wires.

We are also working on over a dozen new accessories for Weapon and plan to show as many as possible at IBC - so there's gonna be lots of options for ACs and Operators beyond the usual suspects.

I'll start teasing some images after the Forged Weapon arrives.
    Last edited by Mark L. Pederson; 07-06-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Mark L. Pederson

Mark, these look great, I'm looking forward to seeing how they have evolved.

It would be fantastic if I was able to to choose the HDMI or the SDI output to send over the Wireless feed, that way I could have a separate, simplified overlay for HDMI and send that to the director, while still running SDI to my AC's monitor on camera with important camera info.

Very exciting Mark. What long range solutions are you looking at? Range? 2000+ feet?

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    We will announce final pricing heading into IBC. I'll sneak some pics out next month or maybe a few sooner ahead of IBC - when my Forged Weapon shows up :)

But all the designs and technical specs are very different from what we showed at NAB. MUCH better.

I'm trying to keep my cards a little closer to my chest until all things are locked and loaded - but our board - aka "The Omod Engine" (8 layers) has some pretty crazy functionality that I am dying to show off.

We not only interface with Weapon's IO - we have an ARM processor that can read and parse RCP commands and do things when you change settings on the camera. Stacey Spears is guiding the engineers on an open API for test pattern generation for color calibration that is revolutionary.

And in addition to the 3D LUT ability in the Weapon - The OMOD Engine will get you another TWO independent 33x33x33 3D LUTs, and you can store at least 16 of them - and lots of other goodness like wireless, internal GENLOCK. So, if you are shooting VR for example - with a bunch of cameras - you can lock TC and GENLOCK 100% with no wires.

We are also working on over a dozen new accessories for Weapon and plan to show as many as possible at IBC - so there's gonna be lots of options for ACs and Operators beyond the usual suspects.

I'll start teasing some images after the Forged Weapon arrives.
    PAUL CHRISTOPHER GREENE
    director | Local 600 DP | composer

Chicago, IL | worldwide

www.paulchristophergreene.com

RED Epic Dragon - MoVI - Helix Seal Team - Proline Raven Steadicam "AR" Config. - Modifed X-Fold UHL 55 pound FAA 333 UAV
    Zeiss, Leica, Canon primes & zooms - RT Motion 2 motor force joystick FIZ, Paralinx Tomahawk
    nMac Pro, Adobe CC, Media Composer, Devinci Resolve, AVID Protools surround studio +

Banned
    fantastic

Any news regarding this?

Thanks,
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Larsson View Post
    Any news regarding this?

Thanks,
    V
    Dangerously close. Just trying to get enough information into the dedicated OMOD website - before taking it all live so that all the FAQs will be there.
    Mark L. Pederson

Dangerously close. Just trying to get enough information into the dedicated OMOD website - before taking it all live so that all the FAQs will be there.
    Drumroll, can't wait!

Looking forward to it!!
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Remember Mark, you do eventually have to ship at some point. :) And as soon as you ship, you will have a brilliant idea on how to improve everything. That is the life of engineering a product.

I can't wait to finally see what you unveil. It has been fun to watch the progression.