Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OFFHOLLYWOOD OMOD Modules for RED WEAPON

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
    Will OMOD for Weapon be interchangeable with the SCARLET-W body? Or is it too early to tell?

Mark posted a picture of OMOD attached to a Scarlet-W Sunday evening on his Facebook page.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    Will OMOD for Weapon be interchangeable with the SCARLET-W body? Or is it too early to tell?

Is there an email update in the works?
    Yes

Now that the DSMC2 line is complete, can't wait for the full specs for OMOD's :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes

thank you.

Any news Mark? I just got my Weapon allocation email.
    BTW, I may have a job in January/February that will take me back to the Arctic, if you'd like me to test out how the OMODZ handle extreme cold ;P

Does ANYONE have any idea how much the OMOD mini will be? and also.. am I reading this correct? this module has a feature that keeps your camera sync from drifting? what slate/audio recorder unit do I need to make this work? Are these products going to be released soon?
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Quinn View Post
    Does ANYONE have any idea how much the OMOD mini will be? and also.. am I reading this correct? this module has a feature that keeps your camera sync from drifting? what slate/audio recorder unit do I need to make this work? Are these products going to be released soon?
    All depends on what you want it to do. There will be different variants so you can customize features to match your needs.

As far as the sync question, you should research Ambient ACN.
    Rather than try to write a narrative, start here: http://ambient.de/en/product/acn/
    Then look at the individual products.
    No more velcro for Lockit boxes hanging on the camera. No more remembering to manually jam sync. Eliminating cables. Everything in sync to the same settings.

Mark is working on the announcements and refreshed web site.

This product looks extremely promising in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    All depends on what you want it to do. There will be different variants so you can customize features to match your needs.

As far as the sync question, you should research Ambient ACN.
    Rather than try to write a narrative, start here: http://ambient.de/en/product/acn/
    Then look at the individual products.
    No more velcro for Lockit boxes hanging on the camera. No more remembering to manually jam sync. Eliminating cables. Everything in sync to the same settings.

Mark is working on the announcements and refreshed web site.

This product looks extremely promising in so many ways.
    Looking very much forward to any updates, specially on price
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Since the natives are getting restless - here's an "partial" update:

All OMODs work on WEAPON, RAVEN and the recently revealed SCARLET-W.

There are more than a "FEW" choices of OMODs :)

Im working to get the OMOD.IO website 100% updated with specs and all the prices on the initial OMOD models - to be finished one week from today or sooner. Ill post in this thread when it's live.

In the meantime, here is what I can tell you:

OMOD models that have the "OMOD Engine" for color / video / timecode processing share the same API for color LUT/CDL processing as TERADEK's COLR which was developed in tandem with OMOD. The OMOD Engine has a lot more features of course, but ALL the color processing features in TERADEK COLR will be in OMOD and we have had COLR beta units in the field on major shows for weeks now with new features and functionality added every few days. (I'm going to start a new thread in a few hours after I have dinner about TERADEK COLR for 3D LUTs and FoolControl on DSMC cameras)

Pomfort Live Grade
    integration is complete.
    CODEX Live integration is in process.
    COLORFRONT integration is in process.
    QTAKE integration is in process.

OMOD will work wireless with all of those apps - and all of those integrations will be 100% before OMOD's ship and that firmware is evolving every day now with features that will make you forget how to spell FUJI.

We are supporting RTmotion via LATITUDE and cmotion compact LCS system, as well as cmotion cvolution hand controller with cforce motor integration. We also have started on SuperSlot wireless audio development.

So... when are we taking actual orders? When are we shipping?

Short answer: We anticipate taking orders in late January. We expect to start field testing in January and even getting some prototypes to Early Adopters in late January and early February, shipping late February.

Long answer: What we are doing is very hard. The good news is that our engineering and manufacturing partner, TERADEK, has manufactured and shipped tens of thousands of units of transmitters and receivers and the hardest PCB - "The OMOD Engine" - is already DONE. We showed the first rev of this board working with Live Grade at IBC and we are currently spinning another rev of that board with more optimization and the new system architecture, which allows us to make MORE variations, faster and also allows us to support all DSMC2 battery modules in addition to our OMOD Battery Modules. So you can attach any DSMC2 battery module to back of any OMOD or any OMOD TX (wireless video transmitter) attached to an OMOD.

There are two other PCBs that are common to ALL OMDs - the "OMI" (aka OMOD Mezzanine IN) and "OMO" (aka OMOD Mezzanine OUT) - and we locked layout and trace on those boards last week. So, new boards will all be back before end of the year, but with Holiday schedules we are going to start hard-core testing right after New Year's, on January 4th. We just want to get through that week and know everything is working as expected before we start taking actual orders.

Prices and spec details will all be on www.OMOD.io - in a week or less.
    Mark L. Pederson

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Spears View Post
    Mark, how does SuperSlot work? Lets say someone has an OMOD and an SD-633.
    https://youtu.be/hGGrwTg1lMM

We won't have a SuperSlot integration ready when we start shipping OMODs. But for NAB - it should be done.
    Last edited by Mark L. Pederson; 12-14-2015 at 03:06 AM.
    Mark L. Pederson