View Poll Results: Want New & Improved REDvolts and XLs?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please! I live by the side handle/XL module.

32 44.44%
  • Yes - I run off AB/V-mount/AC right now because REDvolts just can't cut it.

29 40.28%
  • Not interested.

11 15.28%

Thread: Let's Talk About REDvolts

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am slowly changing over all our batteries to PAG stackable v locks for all of he reasons discussed here. About the same weight and size as XL's but 96WH's. I have been through 2 XL chargers and still get the random red green flashing. Some of my XL's only get up to 64%. The one thing I really love about the PAG's is the travel chargers and redundancy. You can stack multiple batteries onto one charger. The Red XL charger is big heavy and having the pack 2 if I am traveling is the biggest draw back as I do not trust having a single charger in remote locations.
    www.atlanticedgefilms.com
    8K UNDERWATER ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    Anton Bauer recently made their version of a Sony battery, (http://www.antonbauer.com/en-US/News...s-and-chargers). If they decided to make their version of the Redvolt I think it's safe to say it would be a hot selling item.
    That product line is not an AB internal design / project, it's a simple relabelling of some cheaper products...this is what happens when Vitec buy a great brand with great history and throw it away...mmmm

Very clever things can be / could have been done by AB while designing a new line of Sony L batteries...I mean...it's 2015 now...ahem...almost 2016.
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Coller View Post
    I am slowly changing over all our batteries to PAG stackable v locks for all of he reasons discussed here. About the same weight and size as XL's but 96WH's. I have been through 2 XL chargers and still get the random red green flashing. Some of my XL's only get up to 64%. The one thing I really love about the PAG's is the travel chargers and redundancy. You can stack multiple batteries onto one charger. The Red XL charger is big heavy and having the pack 2 if I am traveling is the biggest draw back as I do not trust having a single charger in remote locations.
    Agree,
    if any thing I think red should just copy the page stack design. And make a XL battery that could have another XL on it´s back.

and I hope the charger issias is gone with weapon.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    Anton Bauer recently made their version of a Sony battery, (http://www.antonbauer.com/en-US/News...s-and-chargers). If they decided to make their version of the Redvolt I think it's safe to say it would be a hot selling item.
    AB sony nockoff is only 7.2v ....

Are we all expecting runtimes and boot times to be the same on weapon as on raven? Would really like to know some info on those two things.

I expect that boot times would be the same, but perhaps run times might be better? Really hope both are better.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

I HATE Redvolts, completely unimpressed by them. V-lock bricks all the way over here...
    Epic-X #7473
    www.rapturefilm.com

Yeah, by 2016, RED should really upgrade Volts... 37Wh is just not enough.

a bump up to 50~60Wh would be helpful and actually useful;
    also a firmware update to NOT draw power when the camera is off and a volt is inserted.
    I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself. -Oscar Wilde

Redvolts are only used for hotswapping my V-mounts. Just not useful as the main power source.
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Quintana View Post
    Redvolts are only used for hotswapping my V-mounts. Just not useful as the main power source.
    +1 I can't see RV as a serious main power battery. Only for a very few configurations and for hotswap... Nothing to build an entire module around it. To small to get the desired power.
    Pat

Im only interested when you can run 60 min or longer on one battery. Otherwise I just stay with redbricks.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Not having a side grip with a RED VOLT in it for Weapon is probably the only thing really stopping me from moving forward with the change over. Sounds silly yes.

I shoot hand held alot, I love having a small camera in my hands and being able to walk around as if its a DSLR. (slightly bigger), I love being able to toggle aperture and have full control of menus with the thumb toggle and not take my eye away from the EVF whilst hand holding.
    A 12 pack of REVOLTS last me a day. When the cameras is not in use, I turn it off. Easy done.

Light weight and small in size is what won me over to RED. It's not small anymore when you start to load batteries on the back.

For my production cameras on stabilised heads, helicopters, anything that needs a proper setup. I'm VLOCK all the way.

Yes +! to REVOLTS with better performance.

Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au