Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: For The Indies / Our Scarlet customers...

Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Jarred,

can you now say anything more about Scarlet's future? Just give us the name of it. Just the name.
    Or just say if the next Scarlet gets the new form factor with Dragon sensor just like Weapon. Or if it comes directly with the new sensor and body. :-)

Thanks

Karel

Since you have a new red raven with 4 120FPS is there any plans to improve the Slowmo feature set on the red scarlet MX? or are we out in the cold on this one?

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    scarlet Mx is already At full capacity.
    The upgrade was Dragon, and I bet Scarlet Dragon is working At full capacity too.

I don't wanna add to the noise, but the one thing I feel is missing is the 4.5K option for Scarlet Dragon. I think it was left out of the MX because it didn't add any useful recording option, but with scarlet Dragon this would be truly helpful.

Glad someone dug up and resurrected this thread. I had remembered Jarred commenting about the future of Scarlet Dragon but didn't recall how specific and extensive his comments were. This is what makes the investment in RED all that much more worthwhile. Raven is just another step forward.

there are news coming about Scarlet Dragon´s future path, just keep working, save, and wait
    Fernando Tufiño
    Director, Cinematographer
    Scarlet Dragon #2046 "FALKOR"

Well I have really taken advantage of the scarlet upgrades, I had bought two mx scarlets and have upgraded them both to epic dragons(huge thank you to RED). But due to timing and all, I just couldn't swing both of the recently converted scarlets(to epic dragons), to weapons. I'm hopping this indie upgrade approach for dragon is more then just for the scarlet dragon, but also those Indie's that couldn't make the shift from epic dragon to weapon. I had recently moved both my scarlets to epic dragons before weapon's announcement, but could only swing moving one of them to 8k weapon . So my B camera (epic dragon) camera's will match up well with my 8k weapon r3d, but I like to have all my accessories and network approach all the same. Id love my B camera (epic dragon) to be some type of weapon, it doesn't need huge fps or anything, just needs to shoot 6k FF at red code 5:1 24fps and have the same accessories and network management as my NAB ordered 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
    Well I have really taken advantage of the scarlet upgrades, I had bought two mx scarlets and have upgraded them both to epic dragons(huge thank you to RED). But due to timing and all, I just couldn't swing both of the recently converted scarlets(to epic dragons), to weapons. I'm hopping this indie upgrade approach for dragon is more then just for the scarlet dragon, but also those Indie's that couldn't make the shift from epic dragon to weapon. I had recently moved both my scarlets to epic dragons before weapon's announcement, but could only swing moving one of them to 8k weapon . So my B camera (epic dragon) camera's will match up well with my 8k weapon r3d, but I like to have all my accessories and network approach all the same. Id love my B camera (epic dragon) to be some type of weapon, it doesn't need huge fps or anything, just needs to shoot 6k FF at red code 5:1 24fps and have the same accessories and network management as my NAB ordered 8k.
    I think that the new scarlet will be limited to 5k like the raven is limited to 4k. With no limitation on redcode and framerate. No 6K. And I hope it will be. That would be sad if scarlet dragon owners had to pay an insane amount to upgrade. The dragon upgrade was already almost the price of the camera itself. It was the same as the epic upgrade price which is a way more expensive camera. So I do hope they will make a new scarlet for scarlet owners and not for epic owners disappointed in the weapon price. Having a 5k only weaponized scarlet will please many epic owners anyway.

You guys think they will upgrade the scarlet dragon or the scarlet mx. I think scarlet mx is the 4K4ALL now lol so many on sale