Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: For The Indies / Our Scarlet customers...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    Keep everything as small and as light as possible.
    Hence, the weight savings of Mg and CF on the smaller Weapon body versus AL Epic/Scarlet with the original side handle? The weights could be very similar. Just a thought.
    Cutting out soft shadows in Photoshop tutorial
    YouTube | Vimeo

www.harbonder.com

Strand on Soundcloud

Whoa... deja vu

https://youtu.be/z_KmNZNT5xw

sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Boyer View Post
    Hence, the weight savings of Mg and CF on the smaller Weapon body versus AL Epic/Scarlet with the original side handle? The weights could be very similar. Just a thought.
    This is true.

I forgot to mention before: the other benefit of the DSMC side handle (aside from keeping the length of the body small/light and just expanding width) is being able to blindly/quickly go through menu settings. I film a lot of concerts, and it's a lot quicker than trying to keep steady and navigate the touchscreen!

"And there is definitely a future for Scarlet Dragon... you just don't know about it yet and it is not anywhere near. "

That's all I needed to hear, thank you Jarred!

Sincerely the little[r] guy!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    This is true.

I forgot to mention before: the other benefit of the DSMC side handle (aside from keeping the length of the body small/light and just expanding width) is being able to blindly/quickly go through menu settings. I film a lot of concerts, and it's a lot quicker than trying to keep steady and navigate the touchscreen!
    I have no idea but I'm willing to bet that functionality will remain in the new version.
    Cutting out soft shadows in Photoshop tutorial
    YouTube | Vimeo

www.harbonder.com

Strand on Soundcloud

Just got my Scarlet Dragon in today....SUPER EXCITED, even more so after reading this :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    If it was actually $12k in cash I would be less contemplative.
    This is the thing. It's really closer to $20 that we have to come up to move from Epic to Weapon regardless of the generous accessory offer.

And while the accessory offer is great, most of us already have close to $10k in accessories and modules that will not work with Weapon.
    I don't expectt these will fetch very much on used market..... I understand the accessory offer is designed to soften the blow which it does greatly but it's not like getting free stuff because we are bricking a bunch of modules we already have.

Secondly, I love my Epic Dragon and would be happy for many years with it.... The problem is the future upgrade path - That's what everybody is worried about. While perfectly capable at the moment, it doesn't make financial sense NOT to upgrade to Weapon, unless you are planning on spending $50k+ on a new camera in a couple of years.

Lastly, like Jarred pointed out, Weapon is actually cheaper than Epic when it rolled out so it's painful to see the upgrade cost rise to almost twice as much as it did for Epic. Not to mention that the spec leap when we upgraded to Epic was an amazing value.
    Maybe that's impossible to replicate with Weapon but it's kind of what people are comparing it too.

Cheers!

"And there is definitely a future for Scarlet Dragon... you just don't know about it yet and it is not anywhere near. "

So, does this mean that in the future there will be a next gen sensor (Beyond Dragon) upgrade for Scarlet and Epic bodies,
    or does it mean that the next gen sensor will only work in Weapon but Scarlet and Dragon will still be supported with firmware updates?

This is great news for all Scarlet Dragon owners! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    And there is definitely a future for Scarlet Dragon... you just don't know about it yet and it is not anywhere near.
    This is GREAT to hear. Thanks Jarred. RED + INDIE are an unbeatable team. Can't wait to see what's in store for Scarlet Dragon!
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv