Thread: Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Guess what the stork just delivered unannounced...

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Guess what the stork just delivered unannounced... 
    As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!" (Did I just date myself?)

So I didn't expect "delivery" of my year long gestating Red for another month due to the recent delays. My rep even said he would give me a heads up call.

But I got a call this afternoon from the wifey saying, "What's this box?"

I said, "What box?"

"Fed Ex just delivered a box. And it's a big box!"

I so convinced myself into a zen-like patience, nothing came to mind, "Big box?"

M wife started to describe the box, "It's red..."

"Red?!" I interrupted her, "Wait, it is red or it says Red?"

"Both," she said, "The label is red and it says Red."

"Holy Shit!" (Okay, I didn't say that, but it's the closest that describes the shocked silence that followed)

So I know this post won't help those that are waiting (like I just was) because now they're going to wonder if they're going to get their Red popping out unannounced like me... but I couldn't help it!

Of course, it's just a beautiful paper weight right now... but you never know... my birger mount might be popping out tomorrow for all I know. :)

hahaha awesome
    _mike

"One for a meal, One for the reel, or One to learn something"

Excellent storytelling I might add.

-shooter

Well, for a second tonight I thought my RED had shipped. I pulled up my desktop FedEx tracker app to add a tracking number for another shipment I am getting. Alone in the list was a package from CA being shipped my way. Opening up the info about the shipment I saw that it was from RED.com....then I saw that the package was only 1.6 lbs....sigh...it's my wife's replacement t-shirt because the last one was too small. Oh welll!

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Excellent storytelling I might add.

-shooter
    Thanks. :)

Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    Well, for a second tonight I thought my RED had shipped. I pulled up my desktop FedEx tracker app to add a tracking number for another shipment I am getting. Alone in the list was a package from CA being shipped my way. Opening up the info about the shipment I saw that it was from RED.com....then I saw that the package was only 1.6 lbs....sigh...it's my wife's replacement t-shirt because the last one was too small. Oh welll!

Matthew
    Maybe you're getting the new Ultra-Light Red One. :)

By the way, since several have asked, I guess it would be helpful to know my # is 1582.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ing View Post
    By the way, since several have asked, I guess it would be helpful to know my # is 1582.
    Actually, the more relevant information is, when did your money post on your RED account?

Matthew

Hmmm... it was awhile ago, maybe the final portion was 3-4 weeks ago? But what made me think I'm a later delivery date was that I thought there was an issue with one of my credit cards holding things up by not releasing funds because it was an unusually large amount and they couldn't get hold of me to authorize it. But maybe Red didn't hold that against me? Not sure, but I obviously was wrong (in a good way) on my guess-timate.

Congrats Jason, now take the Wife on a trip and shoot some thing!

ciao
    F I L M M A K E R