Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Dimensions...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothba View Post
    "We salute you, Mr. Foot-Long-Hot-Dog-Maker..." (inside joke)
    This RED's for you:greedy:

BTW, passing this camera thru customs as your everyday, tourist hand camcorder is gonna be one of those guilty pleasures. Just make sure the lens on it is the shortest possible-a 50mm Nikon or shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by jaadgy akanni View Post
    This RED's for you:greedy:

BTW, passing this camera thru customs as your everyday, tourist hand camcorder is gonna be one of those guilty pleasures. Just make sure the lens on it is the shortest possible-a 50mm Nikon or shorter.
    And maybe cover the Red logo with a Handycam sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirik Tyrihjel View Post
    305 mm long x 160 mm tall x 132 mm wide

(At least according to conversion done by the calculator on my Mac)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Nattress View Post
    Thanks for the mm Eirik!

Graeme
    What's an mm? Those melt in your mouth thingies?

4. #24 Optical axis to base and/or rod centers? 
    It would also be useful to know the distance between the optical axis and the base of the camera (as well as the built-in rod centers) for designing accessories, etc. Jim?

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #25  
    Think Arri... we love those guys and their format.

Jim

That's what I like to hear...

And as for determining the height from mount to the bottom of the body, you could approximate it from the renders much in the way I originally approximated the size of the camera. As for specific [to the millimeter] measurements? Bring a ruler to NAB. :)

Working this week with the Arri 416. I pulled out the old tape measure and it seems like the Red One is nearly identical to the 416 with a 400' mag on it!
    Cheers,
    Harry

8. #28 Post a straight on view. 
    Jim is there any way you could post a simple line drawing of a straight on view or a straight on render view (there isn't one in the renders). I have been telling people that the RED ONE would work very well in a cylindrical housing, particularly because most of the width is stepped down as it grows wider. A simple rectangle at these dimensions isn't very helpful, unless we have a straight on view to figure where things stick out. Doesn't seem like a straight view or line drawing would give away to many secrets.

Thanks, Mike at AquaVideo (RED #206)

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The RED ONE body is roughly:

12" long x 6.3" tall x 5.2" wide

Jim

so anyways... is there a party monday night at nab? im only there sunday then home on tuesday. flight back to oc at 12pm on tues.. so i really wanna party monday night

Stuart,
    Is it possible to just post an AutoCAD 3D drawing of the camera exterior showing all mounting holes, screens buttons, dimensions etc. so any of us who have our own unique vision as to what the accessories should be, can make our own? We are just a simple download away from you. Then the machinists among us can go crazy or help out the local fab guy.

This would be a huge aid to getting a third party support industry started!!! I'm thinking here of the Bubble blowers getting an underwater housing together. Integrating the camera to our Aerial mount, building a cover for use as a crash cam, Some other specialty accessories I have knockin around under the ole beanie. I would think that the general accessories you have outlined will be the vast majority of the accessories sold but some stuff is better done by ops/fab artists.
    TJ
    www.camera-person.com

TJ Williams
    Seattle WA USA
    206 769 8585
    RED1, 4K Sony HD (HDCam) Panasonic HD
    Operator Dp, Videographer
    Steadicam Camera Crane Aerial mount
    www.camera-person.com