Thread: Visiting Atlanta and Nashville

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Visiting Atlanta and Nashville 
    In August, I will be taking a small group of film students to visit both Nashville, TN and Atlanta, GA. I am interested in touring studios, speaking with production companies, cinematographers, directors, producers, and others in the film and TV production community.

Can any REDUsers suggest people or organizations to contact in or near these cities? Or are any of you who live in those areas interested in getting together with us to discuss your work? We are a fun bunch and would love to meet new people for lunch, dinner, drinks or whatever.

I've led similar trips to LA for years and we always meet up with a lot of interesting people. We are looking to expand our horizons into other active US markets.

Please post here, PM me, or email me at: tom.g (at) compass.edu

Thanks!
    Tom
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

Hey Tom,

I work at a rental house called COMMANDER in Atlanta (near Hartsfield Jackson Airport). I don't know if you've already made your trip, but my boss, LOCAL 600 DOP, is a really cool guy and is always open to having people stop by. How much time he'll have time to chat depends on his schedule as it does get busy sometime, but if its something that you might be interested in, let me know!

Myoung Jin Chun (Sam)

No love for San Fran, Tom?? :-)

I may have time to meet y'all...I have taught and advised a lot of folks.. Also suggest Commander Films....
    pm me with dates..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1512824/

Thanks Sam and Christopher, I appreciate the suggestions and willingness to meet! We've decided to postpone our Atlanta trip for now, but I'll be in touch once we reschedule. And Terry, much as I like SF, it is not quite the powerhouse production market that Atlanta is ;-)
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI