Thread: What Monitor Setup to start with, what is everyone using?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Has anyone had a chance to look at these? I'm hesitant on the LG since I've heard mixed reviews

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/phi...rgb,29774.html

Question on the Dell P2715Q, is anyone using this with new Mac Pro?

Any tips on DP to mDP adaptors?

A friend picked up two at Costco and is looking for tips.

Edit: She has to return the displays. Dell Canada is selling these for $599 CAD. She paid $749 CAD each :P
    Last edited by Eric Santiago; 09-01-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jim View Post
    Will Keir
    Creative Director ~ Jumping Rock Pictures
    Epic X & Dragon #2482 / R1 #3033
    Zeiss MKII Super Speeds Lenses

"Why I choose film?
    The friendships, the adventure, the art."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jim View Post
    What would be the best monitor with BM ultrastudio mini monitor and Resolve? A Dell like the UP2516D or an Eizo CG247? The Dell is having a larger gamut and better resolution but as I understand the ultrastudio is 1080P anyway. What about the 24p option on the Eizo? What is the 24p benefit with the setup? Does the Dell have it too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post

The Dell UHD monitors are really nice too. The current 27" P2715Q is a bargain and a great all-around desktop monitor. I wouldn't use it for serious color matching for video or print work, but as a high resolution workspace monitor, it's excellent. The 24" IPS UHD monitor is stellar with excellent color and response time. I really like 3840x2160 at this size -- vectors and text become quite sharp. This is actually my favorite display for writing or coding and I prefer using this display with Mac OS due to the better handling for higher pixel densities. I prefer the 27" UHD display with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The 31" LG works well either way.
    Jeff and/or anyone else, what budget monitor would you recommend if it will be my only monitor that I will use for all purposes?
    I was originally looking the other Dell Ultrasharp U2515H or something like an Asus PB287Q because they are pretty cheap, but maybe the Dell P2715Q or 24' IPS UHD would be worth the few extra hundred dollars?
    If the IPS UHD would be better for color work would I want to consider that over the U2515H or P2715Q since it would be my only way to get good color work? Also I don't know how these monitors compare with the new Dell 4k monitors coming out next month which were linked above?
    Last edited by Peter Steele; 10-30-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Those both look pretty nice Eric. Do you have any experience with either of them? I noticed the Samsung is a TN which I hear mixed reviews about, but the reviews of this monitor overall seem to say it balances things out pretty nicely. Price wise the Samsung is also close enough to the Dell P2415Q, P2715Q and U2713HM, I'm wondering how they compare? As you know I am trying to keep costs down when I can, but I will spend the extra if the performance difference is significant.

+1 for Flanders monitors. I have four of them and love them. The 27" NEC is a great working monitor if you're ok with not having UHD. It calibrates nicely too
    ------------
    DP/Colorist
    www.joelvoelker.com
    Seattle, WA