Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Reservation holders...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Reservation holders... 
    As stated before, our customers have been very patient with us throughout the development process. In return, we have also been patient about letting reservation holders wait to take delivery of their cameras without losing their place in line.

This caused us considerable grief when many called for their cameras right after NAB after we had collected money from the "next group" of customers... then had a production issue. We are now fully caught up and going out to the next group that has been waiting patiently for their turn.

But please understand that there will be a point in the future when we will call the reservation holders to see if they are "in or out". They will have 30 days to decide. This will not happen in the next month. But it will happen in a few months and we don't want anyone to be surprised. We have no problem either way. We have offered a full deposit refund for those that choose to wait longer or cancel altogether.

We appreciate everyone's complete patience with us. We hope we have rewarded you with a camera that outperforms your expectations, with unexpected candor, with service beyond the call of duty and features that you had not dreamed possible.

Our camera will never be done. We will continue to surprise you with unexpected features and quality improvements. Like Build 16.

My sincerest appreciation goes out to all RED customers. This has been quite a ride the past two years. From ground zero to incredible footage... and great friends. It is a time I will never forget.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We are now fully caught up and going out to the next group that has been waiting patiently for their turn.

Jim
    Yeehaw!!!!

Thanks - I'm soooo ready!!! Bring it!!!

Jim, I greatly appreciate your flexibility and thank you for my new camera.

"We hope we have rewarded you with a camera that outperforms your expectations, with unexpected candor, with service beyond the call of duty and features that you had not dreamed possible." You and your team have done all the above... thank you all (Red Users as well!).

Now the work begins...

Cheers,

Andrew

thanks Jim. I paid I believe the day before the delays were announce, so it's been a tough wait, but it's not hard to remind myself what you guys are trying to do, and for what you guys are offering me at this price, I can wait a few more days :)

Frontline Infantry Christian Edwards's Avatar
    Bravo Jim,
    Always outstanding and exemplary work!Iv always been a firm believer in quality not quantity!

Patiently waiting,
    khristian

Senior Member Costelloe Michael's Avatar
    Jim,

I've just shot the first UK feature on Build 15 and had everyone interested, including Pathe and Highpoint, in this low budget horror film, because it looks astounding. This is the camera we've been waiting for. Thanks to all the RED team.

Mike Costelloe

I think many of the reservation holders are thinking about waiting until the new X sensor will be released...because everyone is sure it will work better than actual one.
    Maybe if you can clarify if this sensor will be also inside the RedOne camera when ready you could let people choose with the information they need.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Gavazzeni View Post
    I think many of the reservation holders are thinking about waiting until the new X sensor will be released...because everyone is sure it will work better than actual one.
    Maybe if you can clarify if this sensor will be also inside the RedOne camera when ready you could let people choose with the information they need.
    If they are waiting for this... no question they should ask for a refund now. They will lose their place in line long before the upgrade.

To be more clear, it will be at least a year for the sensor upgrade. And the 1st sensors will be used to upgrade older cameras before any new ones are shipped.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    If they are waiting for this... no question they should ask for a refund now. They will lose their place in line long before the upgrade.

To be more clear, it will be at least a year for the sensor upgrade. And the 1st sensors will be used to upgrade older cameras before any new ones are shipped.

Jim

Is there any chance of being able to give us a guesstimated price range for the future sensor upgrade, I mean "guess" and "range", nothing binding?
    I personally will finish paying off my debt for the R1 in two years, so it could be worth me waiting a year for the improved sensor, which isn`t a major problem for me if its gunna be quite expensive (especially with shipping), and especially if the editing situation beefs up in the meantime.

The 1st sensors will be used to upgrade older cameras before any new ones are shipped.

Jim
    Your continued acknowledgment and support for your earliest customers is not only high class but pretty much unparalleled in this industry. Thanks again for your amazing ethic that resonates at the heart of every RED camera.