Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC v6.0.23 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexey Milokost View Post
    Want to roll back, but do not have 5.3.42 or 5.2.42. Could anyone send it to alex.milokost@gmail.com, please? Thanks!
    As good practice, always keep a copy of the previous Software with...

Since receiving the Epic MX M8 (now Dragon M8) I have had only one time an issue were I needed it... And didn't have it... It costed me a major Shot on new year's eve fire work...

Since then, I always have the Previous, and latest version of the Software with me... ALWAYS... :)
    Writer | Producer | Director | DP

Senior Member Christopher-lee dos Santo's Avatar
    Dan is looking great. Must be the yoga.
    -Christiopher-lee dos Santos
    www.dsfilmsentertainment.com
    Scarlet Dragon - Zeiss Compact Prime 2 Set

3. #103 Nikon Tilt Shift issue 
    Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Hi All

I'm loving this firmware, but we have one small issue with it. It works fine with all of our Nikon mount Zeiss and Nikon lenses, with one exception.

It doesn't work with our Nikon 24mm tilt/shift. This lens worked beautifully with the last firmware. It's a slightly unusual lens in that there's a button on it that you press to preview the stopped down aperture, this is an electronic button not a mechanical button. This is for checking Depth of Field when used on a nikon DSLR. So when using our Reds this button was always in the 'on' or stopped down mode. With the current firmware it just remains fully open. I will try a hardware rediscover later today to see if that works.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the next release ? Nonetheless we will stick with this firmware simply because of the thumbnails for playback and the excellent stills/motion implementation.

I have Nikon issues as well, but with the SIGMA 18-35. Aperture remains fully open all the time, all other Nikon lenses work great. I love the lens, hope they can fix it.
    Does anyone have a Nikon mount and the same lens and could let me know if they have the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weinbrecht View Post
    Hi All

I'm loving this firmware, but we have one small issue with it. It works fine with all of our Nikon mount Zeiss and Nikon lenses, with one exception.

It doesn't work with our Nikon 24mm tilt/shift. This lens worked beautifully with the last firmware. It's a slightly unusual lens in that there's a button on it that you press to preview the stopped down aperture, this is an electronic button not a mechanical button. This is for checking Depth of Field when used on a nikon DSLR. So when using our Reds this button was always in the 'on' or stopped down mode. With the current firmware it just remains fully open. I will try a hardware rediscover later today to see if that works.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the next release ? Nonetheless we will stick with this firmware simply because of the thumbnails for playback and the excellent stills/motion implementation.
    Vaternam Kreativagentur | www.vaternam.com
    RED SCARLET Dragon #4897 + RED SCARLET-W #4481
    Follow us: facebook.com/vaternam | instagram.com/vaternamagency

Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Andre

Did your Sigma work ok before the firmware upgrade?

On another note, I see you're in Düsseldorf, I love that town.

Hi Adrian,

Yes it worked very well. So, I had to sent my RED in due to an HDMI Port issue, they updated the mount and the firmware. During that time I got a replacement Camera (Thanks so much again, RED Service is awesome and super helpful) with the latest 5.x.x Firmware, I had major issues, I only could change the aperture over the Sidehandle Rocker Switch with all my Nikons (crazy, nothing happend on the touch or theRotary Dial on the Sidehandle). When I got my Camera back, firmware 6.0.23 was on it and all Nikons, except the SIGMA, are working flawless. But this time I even can't open/close the Iris with the Sidehandle switsch. In the menu the Aperture is yellow colored. The lens works on other cameras. RED got the Log File, so I hope they can help. Very strange.

Nice to hear that you love the town :-) If you are around sometime let me know. I love your city as well, been there a few times, have friends in Surrey, so when I am over there I always stay a few days longer and hang out in London :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weinbrecht View Post
    Andre

Did your Sigma work ok before the firmware upgrade?

On another note, I see you're in Düsseldorf, I love that town.
    Vaternam Kreativagentur | www.vaternam.com
    RED SCARLET Dragon #4897 + RED SCARLET-W #4481
    Follow us: facebook.com/vaternam | instagram.com/vaternamagency

Also having issues with my Nikon mount. The auto focus features turn off randomly. Sometimes just switching the AF switch off/on on the lens will do the trick. Other times I have to do a hardware rediscover. Today it also said it had continuous under the menu but tapping to focus didn't work.
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

Now Filming "The Southwest"
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF
    Twitter: http://goo.gl/kFBU3B

Epic Dragon #1107 Sold
    Helium Weapon hopefully soon

"The Southwest" is sponsored by Kessler Crane, Bright Tangerine, CW-Sonderoptic/Leica, AKiTiO, Rigid Industries, Miller Tripods, Rode Microphones, Maxtrax, BBS Lighting, Camprite

One issue that is coming back again and again is the white screen or half white screen when turning on the camera. It happens only if i have the LCD set to 60hz instead of 30hz and is easily fixable via unplug/plug the LCD-cable. Had this with my Scarlet/MX and now with Scarlet/D too.
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.de
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4 | SiGMA ART 35/1.4 & 50/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Maik Müller View Post
    One issue that is coming back again and again is the white screen or half white screen when turning on the camera. It happens only if i have the LCD set to 60hz instead of 30hz and is easily fixable via unplug/plug the LCD-cable. Had this with my Scarlet/MX and now with Scarlet/D too.
    I have this same issue. It happens on my epic dragon. It started a few days back even with the previous firmware build . I think it's a hardware issue. Or is it the new firmware ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Orlandi View Post
    I had trouble with this release and the 5inch display: sometimes during magnify the monitor goes black.
    I disconnect and re-connect the cable and everything works. The problem is not the cable (tested two different RED cables).
    Never happened with the previous release.

I have this issue with my epic dragon. It also happened in the previous build firmware. It started only a few days strangely. I updated firmware thinking it will fix it. But still same issue.