Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC v6.0.23 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    For me the upgrade 'broke' the jog wheel, select and navigation arrows on the side handle (Scarlet X). Mapped other keys to compensate but bummed that I have to send SH in to get it corrected. Any way to back out a peripheral firmware upgrade?

On the newest one you still have to restart sometimes when changing lenses. New Sigma 23-35 still not working.
    Weapon Carbon #1119, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Sent in to RED for repairs - $300 to replace SH main board and jog wheel / navigation assembly. Happened during upgrading peripherals step (SideHandle). Guess I am only one it happened to.

Peripheral lock out on SH, PL mount and Touchscreen and no iris info on EF mount a real problem with these 6.xx builds.

Working a lot better with the newer build but not 100%. Switching to stills then back to motion on the Sidehandle stills switch seems to fix the iris info issue.

New FW please for 6xxx to address these issues please!

Craig Lees
    ED & SX UK
    3dstories.co.uk

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Lees View Post
    Peripheral lock out on SH, PL mount and Touchscreen and no iris info on EF mount a real problem with these 6.xx builds.

Working a lot better with the newer build but not 100%. Switching to stills then back to motion on the Sidehandle stills switch seems to fix the iris info issue.

New FW please for 6xxx to address these issues please!

Craig Lees
    ED & SX UK
    3dstories.co.uk
    What does "Peripheral lock out on SH, PL mount and Touchscreen" mean?

Trent, the legend!

It locks out the ability to use the device! Had this on my PL mount then touchscreen them sidehandle. Lights are on but buttons do nothing. On my SideHandle it fixed after a reboot (I think it might have performed a peripheral upgrade to the sidehandle at the same time). So that's all good now but the touchscreen is still a worry though I haven't come across it again yet in 6.0.31. Seems to be working a Lot better on the newer FW but it still scares me it could go again, though are you happy this is fixed in 6.0.31? Problem was you couldn't press the agreement button when loading the new firmware on the touchscreen but after a load of reboots, it suddenly started working again. It is very sporadic. We have had initial genlock sync problems too with an earlier 6 build, which I think was an EF lens related-thing which we eventually fixed but was something we encountered that never had to fixed before.

Is it possible to roll back to 5.3.42 after loading up 6.0.31?

Thanks in advance Trent. Having you here on reduser is a real boon for the tech support I can't figure out!

Cheers!

Craig Lees
    ED & SX UK
    3dstories.co.uk

"Freeze" instead of "lock-out" might be a better description!

Craig Lees
    ED & SX UK
    3dstories.co.uk

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Will there be a new build out for Epic before the standard OLPF ships (compatible with the standard OLPF)? I usually don't upgrade until I know it's a safe upgrade, but I will probably buy the standard OLPF on day one.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

Jarred just posted new firmware. Hopefully some of the above is addressed, or turns out to be glitches with particular cams.

Cheers - #19

Thanks Blair!

Craig Lees
    ED & SX UK
    3dstories.co.uk