Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC v6.0.23 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I've been looking forward to it but unfortunately, it still does not work for me. I have the Canon Al mount, and just like in the beta, the mount refuses to communicate with my Canon lenses. When checking under "lens" it says "mount unknown". When first installing, it does say "updating Canon mount peripheral", but it does not really work. Rolling back to 5.3.25 and then reinstalling 6.0.23 without side handle, still does not solve the problem. I have read on 6.0.20 couple of people having the same issue with Canon mount... anything I'm doing wrong? Will be sending a log file to support... I would love to be able to use the stills functionality!
    Last edited by Joan Poggio; 07-08-2015 at 02:28 AM.
    www.joanpoggio.com
    Epic Dragon 7550
    Nairobi-Kenya

Huge thanks, Jarred and team!!!

Thanks for the new release Red. I like using the AF Single function with Canon EF lenses but this no longer seems to work with the firmware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kwok View Post
    Thanks for the new release Red. I like using the AF Single function with Canon EF lenses but this no longer seems to work with the firmware upgrade.
    Yes, AF not working properly for me either, in any mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Poggio View Post
    I've been looking forward to it but unfortunately, it still does not work for me. I have the Canon Al mount, and just like in the beta, the mount refuses to communicate with my Canon lenses. When checking under "lens" it says "mount unknown". When first installing, it does say "updating Canon mount peripheral", but it does not really work. Rolling back to 5.3.25 and then reinstalling 6.0.23 without side handle, still does not solve the problem. I have read on 6.0.20 couple of people having the same issue with Canon mount... anything I'm doing wrong? Will be sending a log file to support... I would love to be able to use the stills functionality!
    ok, so after turning on and off, rediscovering, resetting, and fiddling with lenses... discovered the following:
    1. lens mount will finally recognise those lenses with stabiliser (Canon 21-105mm and 70-200 1:2.8 IS II) if I turn the stabiliser OFF. It then recognises the lens, and I can then switch back to stabiliser ON and it still works. Focus control starts working as well...
    2. Turning the camera off and then back on whilst on Stills mode the lens mount is not recognised, even if I turn the stabiliser off and then back on
    3. On reboot, no matter what you do, at times, the lens mount is not recognised.
    4. Focus slider throws everything to infinity
    5. Changing lenses at times works sometimes doesn't
    6. Anytime you boot, or change the lens and leave the lens on AF, it is not recognised. Started testing booting camera with lenses on AF off, thinking this was the solution. But after the camera is up and running, changing a lens, even with AF off, will still render it unreadable by the camera unless I toggle the stabiliser on and off...

So I guess that if I want to use 6.0.23 in the meantime, I have to compromise with toggling stabiliser ON and OFF and AF/M till the lenses start being recognised. Hope this info helps, plus a log of my camera and other users, to squash these little bugs...

cheers!
    www.joanpoggio.com
    Epic Dragon 7550
    Nairobi-Kenya

amazing, so great to have this right away as a release build!
    thanks!
    Epic-W #7032
    vimeo.com/ydn/videos
    www.anotherview.watch

Looking forward to using this release build.

Hi Joan, I had the same issue - I powered down, removed the Canon Mount, cleaned contacts with a blower and refitted. Powered up and it fixed the issue for me. Might be worth trying this and see if it helps ?

Edit: Actually just saw your second post. Seems as though you have tried a lot of things to remedy the situation so my tip is probably not news to you !

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Poggio View Post
    Yes, AF not working properly for me either, in any mode...

ok, so after turning on and off, rediscovering, resetting, and fiddling with lenses... discovered the following:
    1. lens mount will finally recognise those lenses with stabiliser (Canon 21-105mm and 70-200 1:2.8 IS II) if I turn the stabiliser OFF. It then recognises the lens, and I can then switch back to stabiliser ON and it still works. Focus control starts working as well...
    2. Turning the camera off and then back on whilst on Stills mode the lens mount is not recognised, even if I turn the stabiliser off and then back on
    3. On reboot, no matter what you do, at times, the lens mount is not recognised.
    4. Focus slider throws everything to infinity
    5. Changing lenses at times works sometimes doesn't
    6. Anytime you boot, or change the lens and leave the lens on AF, it is not recognised. Started testing booting camera with lenses on AF off, thinking this was the solution. But after the camera is up and running, changing a lens, even with AF off, will still render it unreadable by the camera unless I toggle the stabiliser on and off...

So I guess that if I want to use 6.0.23 in the meantime, I have to compromise with toggling stabiliser ON and OFF and AF/M till the lenses start being recognised. Hope this info helps, plus a log of my camera and other users, to squash these little bugs...

cheers!
    Joan - thanks for sharing your workaround. It worked for me testing with a Canon 24-105mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Read View Post
    Hi Joan, I had the same issue - I powered down, removed the Canon Mount, cleaned contacts with a blower and refitted. Powered up and it fixed the issue for me. Might be worth trying this and see if it helps ?

Edit: Actually just saw your second post. Seems as though you have tried a lot of things to remedy the situation so my tip is probably not news to you !

Best wishes
    Thanks Stewart, I had removed the lens mount on 6.0.20 but I actually haven't on this one. Will do so as well as it is still quite finicky using the EOS lenses with the whole stabilizer ON OFF and AF/M... but I got to say that I rather that work around than going back to 5.3.25! Being able to switch to Stills mode, and have a more 3:2 aspect ratio with 3:1 compression is so sweeeet!
    cheers
    www.joanpoggio.com
    Epic Dragon 7550
    Nairobi-Kenya

Senior Member Marcos Montenegro's Avatar
    And finally my side handle S and M switch is usable!
    Thanks RED
    MARCOS MONTENEGRO
    K'ASUNEL STUDIOS
    Based in Baltimore / travel worldwide
    DP, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, WRITER, AUDIO PRO

Epic-M Dragon 02984 "LA LEYENDA"