Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC v6.0.23 Release

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    A tad confused. My camera is a Scarlet MX and after update, I was asked to black shade. No problem. I haven't ever done it but easy to follow directions. My question is this. In all of the literature regarding black shading that I have, it says my camera can only save (other than to the SSD I assume) one map. However, the factory default map now appears as well as the new one. With this new firmware, may I now store more than one map?
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 Version 2
    RED Pro Zooms and Primes
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

Great to see this out of Beta, Dan I knew your inner beauty would shine through one day :)

Killer job as always from the Teams at RED! Loading this up tmw first thing.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

1 x Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 1 x 8Ks35 HELIUM Stormtrooper
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm

Loved the beta, glad to see this as final now. Downloading and installing. :)
    Thanks again for improving and giving all the time.
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.de
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4 | SiGMA ART 35/1.4 & 50/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Yount View Post
    A tad confused. My camera is a Scarlet MX and after update, I was asked to black shade. No problem. I haven't ever done it but easy to follow directions. My question is this. In all of the literature regarding black shading that I have, it says my camera can only save (other than to the SSD I assume) one map. However, the factory default map now appears as well as the new one. With this new firmware, may I now store more than one map?
    It has always been like this.
    William Robinette
    Scarlet-X #29

5. #35 Loving this BUT a question 
    Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Dear Jarred

Totally loving a lot of the features on this firmware:

One question though, on the new stills mode, can we modify the framing or some other aspects of it ?

Do we need to save over the 'Stills' preset now loaded. I've just spent a bunch of time customising the stills for example I like the full 6k not the 3:2 crop. The trouble was when I updated the Preset 'Stills' I copied too much over and lost that fabulous ability to keep whatever settings I'm using in Motion re Colour temp etc.

I've noticed there is an auto save box ticked for the stills and the motion settings.

As there is an auto save function for the stills and motion presets can I just change the framing etc whilst in 'stills' and my Reds will keep these settings. Just trying to save some time by asking.

Thank you very much

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weinbrecht View Post

I've noticed there is an auto save box ticked for the stills and the motion settings.

As there is an auto save function for the stills and motion presets can I just change the framing etc whilst in 'stills' and my Reds will keep these settings. Just trying to save some time by asking.

Thank you very much
    Yes, by default the changes you make in one mode are for that mode only. When you switch back the other mode, the settings you last had in that mode will automatically be restored.

We implement this using the auto presets MOTION and SITLLS and the Auto Save function. Most users won't need to know or care about these presets, out of the box most settings you would expect to be separate for STILLS and MOTION modes will be handled correctly. For advanced users, you can change what set of parameters are separate between MOTION and STILLS and which are shared by adding or removing parameters to both the MOTION and STILLS presets.

Has anyone sent their side handle in to get the PC sync port put in? I still have the non functioning version in my grip - I'm curious what the process is to get the "gold port" put in?

Here's a quick question, does the sync port work? Will it fire strobes? Would be cool if it worked while in motion+stills mode...or at least in stills mode...
    www.jaysilverdp.com

www.villageblackout.com

"Don't be afraid of the dark."

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Poggio View Post
    I've been looking forward to it but unfortunately, it still does not work for me. I have the Canon Al mount, and just like in the beta, the mount refuses to communicate with my Canon lenses. When checking under "lens" it says "mount unknown". When first installing, it does say "updating Canon mount peripheral", but it does not really work. Rolling back to 5.3.25 and then reinstalling 6.0.23 without side handle, still does not solve the problem. I have read on 6.0.20 couple of people having the same issue with Canon mount... anything I'm doing wrong? Will be sending a log file to support... I would love to be able to use the stills functionality!
    Yeah, same issue here. Also not getting Aperture info from Canon CN-E Primes.

Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Lillehaugen View Post
    Yes, by default the changes you make in one mode are for that mode only. When you switch back the other mode, the settings you last had in that mode will automatically be restored.

We implement this using the auto presets MOTION and SITLLS and the Auto Save function. Most users won't need to know or care about these presets, out of the box most settings you would expect to be separate for STILLS and MOTION modes will be handled correctly. For advanced users, you can change what set of parameters are separate between MOTION and STILLS and which are shared by adding or removing parameters to both the MOTION and STILLS presets.

Thanks Trent

This really does make the stills meets motion much simpler then before.