Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Build 16 Preview...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Jim, HDR shutter speed bracketing please...........please..........

Andrew

Thanks for the updates. So is the camera going to be rated differently indoors in lower contrast?

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelnet View Post
    Thanks for the updates. So is the camera going to be rated differently indoors in lower contrast?
    If you have a low contrast scene with enough light- rate lower.

If you have a high contrast scene with enough light- rate higher

If you are in very low light- rate higher.

If you are tungsten lit with enough light- rate lower

If this is too complicated, just rate the camera at the new recommended ISO (which we will disclose with the Beta release).

BUT... these are just guidelines. More to come with the build.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Is there any problem expected after 16 is in Beta, going back to 15 after installing the Beta?
    Once you go to B16, you will not want to go back... we will be very careful about this release.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Once you go to B16, you will not want to go back... we will be very careful about this release.

Jim
    Will you be able to go back? Or is this like build 12?

Will an actual sensitivity setting change in the camera be required in different circumstances, or will I still be able to leave it at the "actual" sensitivity of the camera and open up as much without clipping per the histogram?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post

Will an actual sensitivity setting change in the camera be required in different circumstances, or will I still be able to leave it at the "actual" sensitivity of the camera and open up as much without clipping per the histogram?
    You will not be able to go back. That is why we are being so careful.

And you can leave it at the new ISO rating if you choose. And you will not clip as much as before.

This is a much better build than 15... much better. You will not want to go back.

Jim

Banned
    Will new post production software be released as well? RedCine, Log and Transfer, Red Alert?

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Geek View Post
    Will new post production software be released as well? RedCine, Log and Transfer, Red Alert?
    RED Alert! and Quicktime will support the Alpha. REDCINE will join in at either the Beta or full release. We expect Adobe support fairly soon.

Jim

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post
    To add to Jim's big three... There are also a whole list of "little" new things to build 16 that make it what it is .. I personally couldn't imagine wanting to go back to 15 without these new features, imaging improvements aside.

Sometimes to truly move forward you gotta close the door behind you, just like we did with build 12.. and I think most of you agree that that worked out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    To add to Jim's big three... There are also a whole list of "little" new things to build 16 that make it what it is .. I personally couldn't imagine wanting to go back to 15 without these new features, imaging improvements aside.

Sometimes to truly move forward you gotta close the door behind you, just like we did with build 12.. and I think most of you agree that that worked out pretty well.
    True... agreed on the build 12 front... but I just wanted to know if I could load a beta onto a camera and then go back to a stable build for a job. But I understand the caution you guys are taking with the development process here... I bet it'll be nice and stable by the time it drops in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    And you can leave it at the new ISO rating if you choose. And you will not clip as much as before.
    So what is the new rating? 400? 500? I never really use a [light] meter to expose the camera, I usually just set the camera to 320 [where the histogram is the most accurate] and ETTR. I've had great results, impressive DR and generally low noise with this broad theory. Looking forward to seeing this new noise characteristic.