Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Build 16 Preview...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Sometimes to truly move forward you gotta close the door behind you, just like we did with build 12.. and I think most of you agree that that worked out pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother ! You guys are too cool. thanks for all your hard work.
    Aloha
    -A
    Alex Viarnes
    Poi Boy Productions

Whoo hooo an SDK! Thats going to be a lot of fun to see what everyone comes up with. Any more info you could spill on that, what APIs etc? Just out of curiosity, what language(s) does the red team code in?

Adobe support fairly soon, Jim thats awesome. Adobe support will make things so much easier for me. I hope its more "soon" and less "fairly"
    Freehill Productions
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    www.freehillproductions.com
    www.ipaddailies.com

Banned
    Jarred, it's not that we don't want everything that 16 will offer, it's just that we are a little wary at this point about uploading a new build that can't be undone.

Jim, I think everyone is ready for a new Redcine, hopefully a release version. I also would love different scaling and codec options in Log and Transfer. Being able to load a look upon converting makes it much better than the old compressor.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Don't be wary... we are really beginning to get the hang of this. :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SF Geek View Post
    Jarred, it's not that we don't want everything that 16 will offer, it's just that we are a little wary at this point about uploading a new build that can't be undone.

Jim, I think everyone is ready for a new Redcine, hopefully a release version. I also would love different scaling and codec options in Log and Transfer. Being able to load a look upon converting makes it much better than the old compressor.
    me thinks you forget REDs legendary customer service. Some thing goes wrong with build 16 they will take care of it. i don't think that will be an issue though.
    Freehill Productions
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    www.freehillproductions.com
    www.ipaddailies.com

You guys are Heros!

I hope you do something really fun to celibrate this milestone and to reward yourselves for an outstanding achievement.

I suggest we throw a huge party in honor of you or at least we could all time a moment when we could all raise a toast to you in thanks.

A standing ovation and ticker-tape parade is really what you deserve for what you have gone through to bring this to us.

No one really understands the blood, sweat, and tears, that have gone into this project like you guys who have actually been in the ring the whole 16 rounds.

CHEERS RED TEAM!!!

DogDay

_

I've expressed some concerns about noise here on Reduser in the past. I'm really happy to see that build 16 is going to improve on this.
    Are there also changes on recording sound? As I understand it until now it's not possible to work with 48V microphones.

Great news are coming up in the next days about RED, B16 and much more...
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

9. #29 codec error 
    What about famous "codec error"? Can we count on 4k 16:9 in Build 16?

" We expect Adobe support fairly soon."

sweet music to the ears...
    Jason Sinclair
    DP
    Lawrence, Kansas