Thread: RED RAVEN - Info and Data Sheets

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
  1. #61  
    Is the physical dimension of Raven the same as Weapon?
    I'm interested in camera base adapter plates required for Raven.
    Would be very handy to have a chart that shows the physical dimensions of red cameras, in particular the relationship of lens to camera base. A chart that included cameras from other manufacturers would be very helpful :)

    Mike Brennan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Brennan View Post
    Is the physical dimension of Raven the same as Weapon?
    I'm interested in camera base adapter plates required for Raven.
    Would be very handy to have a chart that shows the physical dimensions of red cameras, in particular the relationship of lens to camera base. A chart that included cameras from other manufacturers would be very helpful :)

    Mike Brennan
    Base to lens height (optical center) of DSMC and DSMC2 bodies is the same.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Thanks Phil.

    Mike Brennan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    Senior Member Marcus Friedlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Brennan View Post
    Is the physical dimension of Raven the same as Weapon?
    I'm interested in camera base adapter plates required for Raven.
    Would be very handy to have a chart that shows the physical dimensions of red cameras, in particular the relationship of lens to camera base. A chart that included cameras from other manufacturers would be very helpful :)

    Mike Brennan
    Jarred already, very kindly, released dimensional drawings for WEAPON and I believe they are the same dimensions as RAVEN.

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...IONAL-DRAWINGS
    Cheers,

    Marcus Ian Friedlander





    RED EPIC DRAGON #03179 "Squillium the Dragon"


    "Perfection is the goal, excellence is the standard."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    While we know the camera records a max of 4k, is there more on the sensor? What I am getting at is, when recording the 4k max Rez is there a look around?
    cheers

    J. Eric Camp
    600 DIT | NYC
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,460
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Eric Camp View Post
    While we know the camera records a max of 4k, is there more on the sensor? What I am getting at is, when recording the 4k max Rez is there a look around?
    No, it is a smaller slice. 4K is max everything.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67 bit depth 
    What is the bit depth of the Raven?
    12 bit?

    I have tried to look for this but I could not find anywhere.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    Senior Member Akin A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele cadei View Post
    What is the bit depth of the Raven?
    12 bit?

    I have tried to look for this but I could not find anywhere.
    Raven uses the Dragon sensor, so the bit depth is the same as Scarlet Dragon and Epic Dragon.

    For discussion on the bit depth, scan through this thread:
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ompression-WOW!

    It seems to be unclear or proprietary info.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    Senior Member Elsie N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,658
    Is there an actual working prototype of the RAVEN yet?
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Is there an actual working prototype of the RAVEN yet?
    Yes. I held one in my hands not long ago:
    https://instagram.com/p/8EUrL3k0dK/
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts