Thread: Speedbooster tests

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    This is happening... One day, I could use MF lens on to vista sensor.

=) dream comes true!

Awesome! Will it work with Red Scarlet?

bump! Any updates?
    I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself. -Oscar Wilde

Watching this carefully... It's gonna happen and I'd rather not have to hack my own!

Anyone know what the FFD range is for the backfocus adjustment mechanism on RED cameras? If it's a wide enough range, maybe it would be possible to just mount focal reducer optics in a normal EF-to-EF adapter (maybe a short EF macro extension tube with that keeps electrical contacts for AF etc) and then just compensate for the difference with the sensor FFD adjustment? I guess the range probably isn't enough but that would certainly be a lot easier than having to hack it into the mount. Alternatively the shortest flange mount for RED is Leica-M so it would make a lot of sense to just put those focal reducer optics into a Leica-M Body to Nikon F or PL mount lens adapter, and those should have plenty of room for the optics. At least there would most likely be enough FFD adjustment range to compensate for the focal reducer's effect.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

No one knows the backfocus adjustment range? can someone with a camera test it out? Just imagine how easy it would be to add a focal reducer if it could just go inside an extension tube, no need to even mess with the mount.

I would love to have a medium format > 35mm speed booster... I've heard Kipon are releasing one later in the year.
    Epic-X #7473
    www.rapturefilm.com

• I would love to have a medium format > 35mm speed booster... I've heard Kipon are releasing one later in the year.
    • 02-21-2016, 08:46 PM

Ben,

The Kipon medium format SB looks like it's designed for E-mount cameras unfortunately, although they do mention that there are other versions in the works.

A medium format SB for RED does seem a lot more achievable compared to Canon or Nikon mount speed boosters, given the longer flange focal distance of most medium format lenses.

I'm looking into creating a DIY Pentacon Six speed booster mount currently, as P6 is one of the longest FFD mounts possible. Have posted about it in another thread, still not sure if it'll be achievable with proper back focus or not, but when my Mir 45mm f3.5 arrives I'll find out

Is there any medium format lens that really makes a 0.7x focal reducer worthwhile vs the available ff35 lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Yuan-Vogel View Post
    Is there any medium format lens that really makes a 0.7x focal reducer worthwhile vs the available ff35 lenses?
    No ;-)
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Well, if the A6300 shapes up to be as good in practice as it is on paper, I expect a lot of people to want an FF35-to-APS-C e-mount speed booster...