Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon 8k Queue

Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
    Coudnt agree with you more Stacey, I was talking to Joe Dunton the other day, maybe some next generation MF crystals to match the bigger sensors... and on another note I think one can keep scanning 35mm for a long way after 8k and still keep finding new information, so with 70mm? the K-sky may really be the limit.

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #632  
    You shoot physically larger sensors not just for the increased resolution, but for the geometry you get with a given focal length that only a large sensor can provide. Its the main reason I pushed the VV to wider than standard 36mm for a full frame sensor.

In our first 10 years we have been very much focused on being an everything camera company. Sensor, ASIC , Reliability, Redcode, Color Science, etc.

I think we've executed on those boxes pretty well, and arguably have made pound for pound the best sensors on the market.

For the next few years we will be focusing more on making the camera you have even better.

In a look-the-fuck-out-we-are-not-screwing-around kind of way.

Helium will not be our last S35mm+ Sensor, and VV will not be our last Full Frame+ sensor that fit into your DSMC2 Bodies.

As painful as the whole hurry up and wait is for the VV.. It's a sensor we have learned an incredible amount from.

it is a sensor that is near impossible to make, a sensor that has such low yields and such high expenses that makes no business sense whatsoever.... a sensor that takes such incredible images like no other that even 'normal' non-camera viewers comment on how beautiful the pictures are that come off of it.

So yeah... It really feels like we are just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    You shoot physically larger sensors not just for the increased resolution, but for the geometry you get with a given focal length that only a large sensor can provide. Its the main reason I pushed the VV to wider than standard 36mm for a full frame sensor.

In our first 10 years we have been very much focused on being an everything camera company. Sensor, ASIC , Reliability, Redcode, Color Science, etc.

I think we've executed on those boxes pretty well, and arguably have made pound for pound the best sensors on the market.

For the next few years we will be focusing more on making the camera you have even better.

Helium will not be our last S35mm+ Sensor, and VV will not be our last Full Frame+ sensor that fit into your DSMC2 Bodies.

As painful as the whole hurry up and wait is for the VV.. It's a sensor we have learned an incredible amount from.

it is a sensor that is near impossible to make, a sensor that has such low yields and such high expenses that makes no business sense whatsoever.... a sensor that takes such incredible images like no other that even 'normal' non-camera viewers comment on how beautiful the pictures are that come off of it.

Having shot on Mark Pederson's 8K VV, I can confirm this camera is AMAZING.

We paired it with our modded Hasselblads, and the image BLEW OUR MIND.

Incredible.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

(snip) For the next few years we will be focusing more on making the camera you have even better. In a look-the-fuck-out-we-are-not-screwing-around kind of way. (snip)
    That sounds fantastic. Not to be the "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile" guy, but I sure hope that includes an option for UHD/4K monitoring. I'd also love to see a Broadcast Module for DSMC2 that supported 2160/60P (3,840H is fine) for hard lined EFP applications.

Cheers - #19

I am happy been in this present looking to the future then ;)
    Writer | Producer | Director | DP

This pleases me. Greatly.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K S35 Helium "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

That is exciting news!

The VV is a thing of Beauty! Thank you for making it. Have you seen the pictures that Clark has been posting? They are just a smidgen of what he has shot. He posted some more samples this week.

"In a look-the-fuck-out-we-are-not-screwing-around kind of way. Helium will not be our last S35mm+ Sensor, and VV will not be our last Full Frame+ sensor that fit into your DSMC2 Bodies. "

Well that is freakin' awesome news right there. On a side note whenever I have to deal with corporate culture via TVC productions or even dreaded corporate videos I am left in despair. Except Red where the messages from the CEO make me laugh with the no bullshit honesty.
    Tom Gleeson

I have no idea what improvements will come from Red in the future, but I'll do my best to be in the front row when it happens. Thanks for working as hard as you do Jarred (and everyone at Red).
    Jeff McCoy
    Producer, Operator, AC & Drone Pilot (w/ Part 107)
    (2x) Weapon Helium 8Ks35, Leica Summilux-C prime set, Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 MII, Preston FIZ3, Teradek Bolt 1000, Sony OLED Monitors & more.
    www.mccoyfilm.com

Hint* Hint* of good and even greater things (as hard as that is to believe) to come in the future with our existing DSMC2s
    Red Weapon Magnesium #00856 (Patiently waiting for Weapon Helium 8K)
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography, DJI Ronin, Fashion/Glamour Photography