Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Into the Badlands on AMC premieres tonight on AMC

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    to bad the video is unavailable in France.
    Vincent Follézou
    Motion Designer, Colorist, Editor

Twitter: @vincentfollezou
    www.vincentfollezou.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Follézou View Post
    to bad the video is unavailable in France.
    Cough VPN!! Just kidding please dont ban me. Vincent where you at in France? I live at germany. Do you need free labor? Someone to buy you starbucks because i cant make coffee for poop.

Most badass show ever created by man kind. Cant wait for more.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

That's a beautiful show, albeit very extreme and over-the-top. Shane Hurlbut does good work.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Looked great and was fairly engaging even if we don't yet care about any of the characters. Certainly no Breaking Bad as far as breakout hit for AMC, but visually the canvas is pretty cool.

Love Marton Csokas...very interesting guy to look at, plays a villain well -even going back to Rogue. Would just like to see some complexity out of him, along with the rest of the cast.

My personal preference is wide open all the time and I didn't see much of that though -but I guess that was a stylistic choice. With all the action sequences it was probably a whole lot easier for focus pullers to keep everything in by stopping down. And likely has something to do with the particular Wuxia visual style.

Just my two cents!

Interesting review here but not that flattering:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/11/into-...-tv-show.html#

Really loved the first episode, especially the fight sequence in the rain! One thing I must point out though, is that I don't find the grading of it particularly pleasing. On the trailer it looked really nice, however when I saw the episode it had more saturated colors and was far more contrasty, to the point where in many of the shots the sky was pure white with no visible detail. The cinematography itself is amazing nonetheless, but the grading kind of distracted me.
    EPIC - X DRAGON #8215 "Allie"