Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Prepare...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Prepare... 
    ... for a new camera. At no extra charge.

Build 16 is like buying a new camera without going to the store, making a phone call, or placing and order online and waiting for FedEx to show up at your door.

We have all but solved to most difficult problems that have been plaguing us the last mile of this build. We are repackaging it for quick Alpha testing... then Beta.

The 1st thing that will strike you is REDspace. While you can "do it the old way", I recommend that you test REDspace before you do anything else. Your camera will default to REDspace. You will be surprised that the monitor looks like your scene and matches your meter and histogram at the same time. You will feel a confidence in exposure that you have not felt before.

You can now shoot many ISOs with confidence. Shoot ISO 320 for the cleanest image you can ever imagine in good light. ISO 500 should be your "standard" rating. We will put the RED ONE and Build 16 up against any 12 MP DSLR... side by side tests coming soon. Shoot ISO 125 if you are so inclined. Or ISO 1000. They all match color and gamma. Noise goes from none (literally) to good.

Your files (yes 4K 16:9) will open in RED Alert! (first app to support B16) and... the images look incredible. Just like you saw in the monitor. They will look cleaner (because they are) and you will shake your head. I am sure of it. That's what we did.

Shoot tungsten. You will be shocked at the improvement.

Welcome to Build 16. It is a new experience. At no extra charge. At a download near you.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

I'm ready!
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

3. #3 Thanks you ! 
    Thank you ... sounds like fun ahead !

It's good to see you so happy Jim, one of those moments where I'm sure you feel it was all worth it. Good for you and your people man!
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

Can't wait. Christmas in June?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Here is the blue channel of a 100% crop at ISO 320. Sorry about jpeg artifacts...

Jim

"The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

That's why I love living in Australia, we get all the cool, U.S. late night posts while we're still awake!

Great news!

Jim, is the next batch of cameras bringing B16 by default? I'm making the payment tomorrow and I can't wait.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Is the next batch of cameras bringing B16 by default? Jim, I can't wait.
    Cameras will be loaded with Build 16 as soon as it comes out of Beta.

Jim

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The latest builds get shipped on cameras by default after coming out of beta.