Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Prepare...

Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #241 Monitoring outputs 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Again, this is great news all around....

Question: In playback mode the EVF will show a cropped framing central 1280x848 pixels and the LCD will show a cropped framing central 1024x600 pixels out of the 1920x1080 frame - right?

Our team uses Cine-tal and Panasonic monitors in the field and at our studios, so that's also great news for us about the monitors verified for HD-SDI interface.
    Almost, Gibby.

The EVF and LCD displays will represent the central 1280 x 720 pixels.

In the case of the LCD that data is scaled down to fit the 1024 x 600 pixel display.
    Workflow Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    This is no in-camera unsqueeze for anamorphic. There are external monitors that do this however.

Jim
    I'm hoping that you may support this in the future. This is the main thing holding me back from taking anamorphics on to a real gig. Even if it isn't a perfect match to the lense, or the quality is not great... just subsampling the viewfinder to get a 2:1 unsqueeze, will make operating doable off the EVF and RED LCD.

IBloom

How about the eCinema monitors?

Banned
    good work, -but- besides the noise reduction & improved asa measurement...

will the R16 redcode raw be openend to 3hrd parties - as announced?

will the SDK become available - as announced?

Laguun, If that happens along with release of build 16, then there is a real christmas in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post
    Jim (Or whoever can answer),

One thing concerns me slightly.. With REDCine behind REDAlert, this effectively means non-mac users will have no way to process build 16 footage in the near future. Unless the SDK is coming out before REDCine.

Is there a chance that there may be a way to may proxy AVI files in RED, as a selection? Vs. Quicktime files? or that the Quicktime proxy files may indeed work in a PC?

Jay
    Hey Jay -

REDCine is always behind RA - but did I miss a post from the Red Team saying they would RELEASE B16 before releasing a REDCINE beta that works with B16?

I have no idea when they are releasing anything - but unless I missed something, I don't think it's been stated that the firmware will be released before there is a compatible version of Redcine.

And it's obviously not possible to release an SDK when the actual file format is in Alpha.
    Mark L. Pederson | Cinema Products | TERADEK

7.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #247  
    We are working on getting REDCINE up to speed... we realize how important it is. SDK work will be top priority as soon as the build is done.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ibloom View Post
    I'm hoping that you may support this in the future. This is the main thing holding me back from taking anamorphics on to a real gig. Even if it isn't a perfect match to the lense, or the quality is not great... just subsampling the viewfinder to get a 2:1 unsqueeze, will make operating doable off the EVF and RED LCD.

IBloom
    Cast another vote for the anamorphic unsqueeze feature, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The roadmap is single link HD-SDI 1080P at 4:2:2- true progressive and dual link HD-SDI 1080P 4:4:4 true progressive. All recorders or end monitors must support 1080P true progressive... like the Panasonic D5 and their monitors. You need a 3rd party convertor box for non-true progressive recording or monitoring. RED only supports true progressive in camera, monitoring and post.

Jim
    Thank you RED team. Sweet 16 keeps getting better and better!