Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Prepare...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    A great bit of news to wake up to in London this morning. This new build is quite simply a towering achievement. Amazing work.
    I'm very excited about the low light capabilities and can't wait to get my camera to start working with B16.
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    SHERLOCK HOLMES

johannperry.com

Bring it!

awesome news. we are starting a shoot today i hoped early this year to shoot especially this project on red because of a huge amount of landscape-shots, and itīs a kind of pain when i think, itīs not shot on red now. i am in the 2000-2400īs, ... and with this news, waiting turns into a real experience to learn the meaning of patience.
    feeling like a little boy waiting for christmas.
    build 16 is the summer hit

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Here is the blue channel of a 100% crop at ISO 320. Sorry about jpeg artifacts...
    Looks like bluescreen keys just got a lot more friendly. This is going to be a fun build to shoot.

Happy 2000th post Jim :)

Looking forward to Build 16. I've spent a lot of time with DPs explaining the RAW process and how to confidently expose based on the current build... REDspace looks to make that part of my life much easier.

Now if only I could get R3D as a native Quicktime file... then I could cut the size of my on-set renderfarms in half :)

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
    Keep in mind, everyone, that 100% crops of a 4K camera should not be compared with 100% crops of a lower-resolution (e.g. 1920x1080) camera without first correctly resampling them to the same resolution (or output size).
    and vise-versa.. :)

Thanks for pointing that out Daniel.. its one of those forgotten aspects.

If you take that 4k master and scale it down to 1080, alot of the noise thats left is going to be gobbled up from the scaling. :)

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Here is a 300% crop (???) from ISO 125 blue channel... maybe that is a crop from 300% scale??? whatever...

Jim

"The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Absolutely fantastic B16.
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

I start shooting a feature on July 11. I am really hoping 16 will be available by then. We have a lot of night exteriors that would look a lot better on this new build.

Thanks, Jim and Team for the continuous tweaking.
    Epic-X 1136

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Im pretty impressed as well with all the "other" new stuff in build 16 that comes along with the image improvements. Features that before were a "paid" upgrade with other companies are being rolled into RED ONE by a downloadable upgrade for no cost to the customers that have gone along for the ride.

For example, the beloved DVX100, in my opinion a camera that also changed the industry as we knew it, went through several upgrades along it path, the 100, the 100a and the 100b. ( http://dvxuser.com/articles/100b/ ) .. most of those upgrades were software based, and all those upgrades required purchasing a brand new camera. Some of you were scared we would stop improving the RED ONE the day we announced EPIC.. when you see Build 16, those worries should subside.