Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: #1 Problem...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I can't wait to get my hands on this. I would prefer to work with my meter and the histogram than false color. Probably since I don't use it I feel it slows me down.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeale View Post
    All sounds like good advice... and diplomatically worded.

Last time I hired someone to shoot a HDV camera, he shot for two hours at f/4 - 5.6 and +18 dB gain. :waaa: I assume it was not intentional but don't really know, I haven't spoken to him since.
    Someone sounds a little verdant...but that's okay, it's how we learn. Too bad it had to be at your expense.

Eryc

Beautifully written concise and simple. Even a director could understand it :-)

jas

_
    Jason Wingrove
    Director, Cinematographer

Web: wingrove.tv
    Twitter: wingrove
    Cohost: The RC Podcast

Banned
    Thank Goodness Soderberg blew out some shots so we could end up getting training wheels. I think we can use this.

Wow Jim thanks I already feel more confident using my camera.

Hi Jim !

The news on build 16 are very nice. Can't wait to see the changes. So one question: We have two more big features on the road. Can you estimate when build 16 will be available? Thanks to you and your team for the improvements and hard work on it.

nice greez

rainer
    Rainer Fritz
    DIT
    Vienna / Austria

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainer View Post
    Hi Jim !

The news on build 16 are very nice. Can't wait to see the changes. So one question: We have two more big features on the road. Can you estimate when build 16 will be available? Thanks to you and your team for the improvements and hard work on it.

nice greez

rainer
    My crystal ball has been pretty cloudy... missing dates seems to be what we are best at. Having said that. Alpha testing continues and we have made many changes and adjustments to Build 16. I expect Beta to be posted late next week (don't hold me to it). As always, a Beta build should not be relied on. Although I will say that all the time we have taken on this build seems to be paying off. It feels very stable to me. I haven't been able to break it... yet.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Great news Jim. I'm realy looking forward to the new build. It also will be easier for first RED users to just work with the cam from scratch.
    This is a very good thing. A lot of customers call me and just want to use the cam for the first time.
    I always have to babysit them for to long till they understand the whole RAW workflow.
    The new build will make things easier for all of us.

Keep on rocking REDsters.

Cheers
    Tim
    Tim Lüdin
    Director / DP / Photographer
    Epic Dragon 183
    www.timluedin.com

Banned
    Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by VizPictures View Post
    What about the censor ISOs on those next cameras? Is it too early to know?
    The censor option is just a Chinese feature request. Would be surprised if Red gave in to that...

(switch off daft humor mode)

Coming to think of it, since each sensor has its' own sweet spot, would it be feasible to have swappable sensors? 50 ISO daylight for outdoors, 320/500 tungsten&daylight and maybe a 1000/1600 tungsten.

Just a thought for the Epic...