Thread: Avid -> DaVinci -> Avid - good resources?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Avid -> DaVinci -> Avid - good resources? 
    Going to start playing around with and learning these two systems - any great resources that you can think of off the top of your head that help teach the workflow between these two CLEARLY? How will this process change with is soon to be able to dual record R3D files and DNxHD?

Thanks in advance!!

Wolf crow has an out of date round trip tutorial... Im struggling making it actually function though...see my resolve thread for details...

same workflow with new dsmc2 minus transcoding... Ps if you solve my bug in your trials let me know?
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    Gemini package
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Epic W package
    Oconnor 2060

Red Rocket X with rMBP, FCPX, Avid MC8, premiere, and Resolve Lite in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Will do. We won't start toying with it for a bit, was just wanting to do some research in the meantime. Thanks!

The main thing is the round trip preset now exports a aaf automatically and contrary to what the site says it must output from resolve in a unique folder not the same one you output the avid aaf from. Once I solved my bug it works great but am seeing color shift and not sure why. No time to debug it either on this client anymore but once I solve the new bug on why round trip looks flat back in avid it may work someday lol?
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    Gemini package
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Epic W package
    Oconnor 2060

Red Rocket X with rMBP, FCPX, Avid MC8, premiere, and Resolve Lite in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Merlen View Post
    The main thing is the round trip preset now exports a aaf automatically and contrary to what the site says it must output from resolve in a unique folder not the same one you output the avid aaf from. Once I solved my bug it works great but am seeing color shift and not sure why. No time to debug it either on this client anymore but once I solve the new bug on why round trip looks flat back in avid it may work someday lol?
    Avid always works in video range. I don't know what or how you're monitoring, but the only way to properly judge playback on an Avid system is to monitor on a video monitor via an SDI interface. If you're looking at the GUI on a computer monitor, it will always look flat because the material is video scaled (Resolve does this automatically when you render to DNxHD for Avid). In Resolve, you should also be monitoring video scaled if you're on a video monitor (i.e., not a computer monitor).