Thread: Epic-W

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Epic-W 
    I'm starting this thread to get the conversation rolling and to start the guessing game we all love so well.

Jarred slipped up and hinted at the possibility of a new Epic coming soon.

So... let the games begin.

I'll begin with a post of mine discussing resolution guess from a different thread.

It seems to me Epic-W needs to have better resolution than Epic-D just to keep things moving forward. It doesn't make sense for Epic-W to have lower resolution that Epic-D. My guess is:
    #1 we need to start a new thread for this
    #2. Epic-W will be 7K resolution to sit between Scarlet and Weapon. Or at least 6.5K and obviously DSMC2

But if it is 6.5-7k it needs to cost more than MG Weapon, so what is a realistic trade in value of an Epic MX against a what, 30-40k brain?

Here's the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    If it was me, I would wait a bit till I offloaded that Epic. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Pearson View Post
    But if it is 6.5-7k it needs to cost more than MG Weapon, so what is a realistic trade in value of an Epic MX against a what, 30-40k brain?
    $5K?

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Pearson View Post

Maybe Weapon 6K is just re-branded to be Epic-W with a new trade in program.

Or, yeah, maybe it's a new trade in program for MX and Dragon owners

i think an epic dragon specs with just new processing a better data rates and new dsmc2 body will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    i think an epic dragon specs with just new processing a better data rates and new dsmc2 body will be it.
    That route should in theory cost more to upgrade to than those that went from epic dragon to weapon 6K. More than likely it is an upgrade route like Adam mentioned that doesn't leave Epic MX owners behind and gives them option to go to weapon 6K for a higher price than those that made jump from epic dragon. Also higher resolution for Epic-W would not put it between scarlet and dragon weapon and would piss a lot of people off so that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sam windell View Post
    That route should in theory cost more to upgrade to than those that went from epic dragon to weapon 6K. More than likely it is an upgrade route like Adam mentioned that doesn't leave Epic MX owners behind and gives them option to go to weapon 6K for a higher price than those that made jump from epic dragon.
    +1. The Weapon range is already getting a bit crowded. Why yet another model?

From Red's perspective I have to think part of the reason for an MX to Weapon path is just firmware commonality. If everyone -- or nearly everyone -- is on a common DSMC2 hardware platform then the sustaining firmware job becomes easier. I could see this upgrade being no more than an electronics upgrade -- a new system PCBA. That gives MX users some of the new system niceties at what should be a pretty low cost. I mean anyone who is still on MX -- like me -- is probably too cheap to pay for a major upgrade anyway. If I could get some of the system stuff for a sub-$5k cost I would probably do it. A larger upgrade -- like sensor or packaging -- would probably be more $$ than I am willing to spend.