Thread: RED 7" DSMC2 MG monitor!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED 7" DSMC2 MG monitor! 
    I've always been impressed with Red's packaging, but this is the best I've seen. Better than Apple does!
    Great job RED!!!
    Attached Images

Hmm, this is my DSMC1 7" Touch, design is same but inputs different. I can't wait too see how they turn out
    Attached Images

Whoever is doing the package design over at RED deserves a massive pat on the back. Storing, resale value, and in some cases using the package as part of a kit is all nice.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I received mine yesterday, but keeping it in the box until I receive my SCARLET W. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Damm that's nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Whoever is doing the package design over at RED deserves a massive pat on the back. Storing, resale value, and in some cases using the package as part of a kit is all nice.

That's true BUT I really don't understand why there is no small "Pelicase" for the monitor... It's one of the most fragile pieces in my kit and always needs to be packed like a raw egg... Or am I missing something? :)
    EPIC-X DRAGON [#08486] "CALYPSO"

Quote Originally Posted by MarcMalkowski View Post
    That's true BUT I really don't understand why there is no small "Pelicase" for the monitor... It's one of the most fragile pieces in my kit and always needs to be packed like a raw egg... Or am I missing something? :)
    I pack them in my kits in "slots". That seems to do the job. Make a divider and you're good to go. The key is not to just dump it in a kit without any dividers.

While some may like a pelican, to me that would be a lot of wasted space. Though I saw that plastic shell hack/mod that was cool.

There's a dirty rumor there's a product coming that will make our lives easier on this front. I've seen the prototype, it's just out yet.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I pack them in my kits in "slots". That seems to do the job. Make a divider and you're good to go. The key is not to just dump it in a kit without any dividers.

While some may like a pelican, to me that would be a lot of wasted space. Though I saw that plastic shell hack/mod that was cool.

There's a dirty rumor there's a product coming that will make our lives easier on this front. I've seen the prototype, it's just out yet.

Usually I just put it in a slot in one of the cases, as well... But "throwing" it into a backpack is not something I would do without a very bad feeling...

I think I like dirty rumors, in that case ;D
    Excited! ...some sort of sleeve, like the ones from a VHS tape, just fitting and made of durable pvc or something, would be fantastic.
    Thanks for the hint though!
    EPIC-X DRAGON [#08486] "CALYPSO"

How dirty?

Epic W
    Brian Pascale