Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: March shipment Update - Weapon, Scarlet-W, Raven

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 March shipment Update - Weapon, Scarlet-W, Raven 
    Think it is about time for an update.

Weapon 8k sensors are still coming in very slowly... not a lot of new news there. We have another big batch of sensors coming in the end of month so we are excited to package those up and get them out as soon as they pass qualification. The 8k Weapons that are out there are doing incredible things.. and it is pretty exciting to see the reactions of every new person that opens up their footage from the 8k for the first time... it is truly hard to put into words.

Weapon Carbon upgrade lines are now the most mature lines and we have gotten through most of them so processing time for Carbon upgrades have gotten extremely quick ... you can now schedule ahead of time with your rep a drop off date and we are seeing incredibly fast turnaround times between 24-48 hours.

Weapon MG upgrade orders have all been blasted.... if you haven't received your notice please email your rep in case we missed you amongst all the chaos. The MG lines are pretty congested this week and next with the massive influx so we are adding a day or two to normal processing times for those upgrades.

The Scarlet-W as most of you know is already shipping and manufacturing lines have settled into a pretty nice stride with cameras flowing out in increasing numbers every day. We have had a very large group of Raven customers jump into Scarlet-W so if you are in that switch-over group, I am pretty comfortable saying you should be receiving your cameras by the end of this month.

Raven - Still right on track, We will be shipping our first batch of Ravens at the end of next week. This is a completely new line so it will take them a few weeks ( as it always does ) to get everything dialed in so expect a few dozen to come out of the oven at the first then jump to a ramp up into the first few weeks of April. Also, just a heads up, the price for Raven will be going up at NAB... so if you are planning on jumping in it would probably be a good idea to get your place in line before that announcement as we will honor the existing price up till then.

For everyone that has received your cameras, We hope that you are enjoying them. For everyone still waiting, I know it's hard but your day is coming!

We hope to see a lot of you at NAB next month; All of you new to RED and all of you that we have known forever.

It really is incredible to watch a lot of our customers create their own companies to support our cameras, both in services and in hardware. Some of you early guys are even becoming official RED dealers (Cough Ron Amborn Cough ) .

Those taking the leap and creating incredible tools for our cameras and our customers are incredibly important to us, so our NAB booth is going to reflect that this year.

Anyways.. thank you all for your continued support, patience and of course thank you all for shooting your incredible things on our incredible cameras.

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Those taking the leap and creating incredible tools for our cameras and our customers are incredibly important to us, so our NAB booth is going to reflect that this year.
    can't wait to see what everyone else has been cooking :))
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

And thank you for all the effort you put in that company, because of that our work is so much cooler to do:)

It really is incredible to watch a lot of our customers create their own companies to support our cameras, both in services and in hardware. Some of you early guys are even becoming official RED dealers (Cough Ron Amborn Cough ) .
    Heh. Spoiler alert! Congratulations Ron!

I'm loving Weapon Forged so far. It's been a treat exploring exactly how much I can get out of this camera and I've had it out on all sorts of shoots now. My hunger for 8K is big. That brief shoot certainly left me hungry for more.

Can't wait until NAB. It's always so good to see fellow RED shooters on the show floor. It's sometimes the only time of the year to see some of the peeps in person.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

The Scarlet-W as most of you know is already shipping and manufacturing lines have settled into a pretty nice stride with cameras flowing out in increasing numbers every day. We have had a very large group of Raven customers jump into Scarlet-W so if you are in that switch-over group, I am pretty comfortable saying you should be receiving your cameras by the end of this month.
    Nice, does it apply to upgraders too?

Thanks Jarred. I am a Raven switch over so it's pretty damn exciting to know I can be getting my first Red by the end of the month. Really excited to join the family.
    Bummed I won't be at NAB this year to hang out. Thanks again for the update.
    Last edited by Tony Ditata; 03-10-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks for the update. It's exciting to see all this coming together.
    Manfred Lopez
    Director - Writer

BIO - IMDB

Senior Member gandalf de maupeou's Avatar
    J'adore RED !

is there a red nab party/get together this year?

Would have loved for the new DSMC2 side handle to be included in the update... is it possible to update its status?

It would be a pretty critical component for me and I'd love to hear (and SEE =) more about it!