Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red & Dslr...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Red & Dslr... 
    Here is a quick comparison of Build 16 RED ONE and a popular professional DSLR, the Canon 1D MKIII. I picked the 1D MKIII because it is the newest, highest quality Canon with an APS size sensor. I have cropped and scaled (slightly) the Canon to match the RED 2:1 format. I open the Canon file in Adobe RAW and opened the blacks because Adobe crushed them on open. Then I matched the two together (as best as possible) without inducing any weirdness. I have been doing this stuff a long time, so I am comfortable in the process. I encourage all of you to do similar tests on your own.

I used a RED 50-150mm zoom and the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM zoom (newest version). Both were shot at ISO 320 and f5.6. I think I have successfully deleted the metadata, so that won't help you.

Focus was on slight different parts of the pic... sorry about that. Makes you check more closely. :-)

Please DO NOT copy these images and paste into a reply for bandwidth sake...

You tell me which is which.

Jim

"The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    My head wants to say the bottom image is Red, my heart says that its the top image but my soul says, who cares.. My DSLR is jealous either way

thanks for the silent comparison jim

I hope it's the first one.

Banned
    My guess is that the bottom is RED..

But not because I think the other one is better :) HOLY SHMOKES !!

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Focus of "b" is slightly in front of "a". It was hard to focus the Canon... which ever one that was. :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

Banned
    Hey Concrete,

Are you saying that because you think the image is soft on the paint tubes on the bottom image ?

As Jim say's, I think they're just slightly out of focus..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Focus of "b" is slightly in front of "a". It was hard to focus the Canon... which ever one that was. :-)

Jim
    Whoops Jim, beat me to it :)

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    They both have the type sharp on the chart. One has the tubes behind more in focus and the other has the small Canon pocket camera more in focus.

Check the channels... compare the colors, measure the charts with your color meter.

Jim

Upper: RED
    Lower: Canon

Based on noise characteristics.

The bottom one.

of course.

Johlan