Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The answer is...

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Got it wrong, but it's amazing that we are comparing Red and the Canon top model DSLR at the first place.

I'm involved with wildlife documents, and there are some subjects, such as the Northern lights, which are still difficult to shoot with Red One. The longest exposure time is just too short. So, one needs a DSLR aside the Red.

If I've got it right, 1 sec is technically the maximum exposure time one can get with Red One. But, what about if the camera allowed virtual exposure times longer than 1sec. That is, if one sets 20s, then the camera or Redcine/RedAlert will arithmetically add up 20 different frames to compose a single frame out of the 20. Of course, the same can be done in post with Photoshop, but that's a rather slow and time consuming process.

Meryem, yes, it will be interesting to test Red and Canon using the same lens.

Interesting, I picked it wrong (made my judgement based on the CA visible in the top image). I simply assumed the 1DIII and 70-200mm would handle CAs better than Red (which has been developed so recently).

Impressive little test Jim, I'd be very interested to see how the two cameras compare in terms of latitude (i.e. a high contrast shot outdoors with bright sky and harsh shadows in the foreground).

3. #53 Ultimate Test 
    Jim, only you know this. But if you look closely with your own eyes at the desk and color chart and then compare both both the Canon and RED....which to your eyes looks like a more accurate presentation of the colors.

So real life as the base: now compare RED vs Canon

I'm interested if you've done this test!

Either way, I'll take any of those images in a heartbeat! Great work! Thx-

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcooler View Post
    Jim, only you know this. But if you look closely with your own eyes at the desk and color chart and then compare both both the Canon and RED....which to your eyes looks like a more accurate presentation of the colors.

So real life as the base: now compare RED vs Canon

I'm interested if you've done this test!

Either way, I'll take any of those images in a heartbeat! Great work! Thx-
    I think the charts show we can tweak our color science just a bit... and Graeme is on that right now. We are infants in the camera business. I love the comparisons. It tells us what we need to work on. Having said that, about 40% of the people guessed wrong which tells me we are extremely close to the image quality of the best quality DSLR... while we shoot 24fps. Not bad for yesterday. Tomorrow we will be even better.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Tomorrow we will be even better.
    Is that a subtle hint for B16 availability?

OK, I have an SD card freshly formatted, created /Update folder, looking at www.red.com/support and refreshing the page every 5 minutes with immense anticipation....