Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Side Handle

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Karel Šimůnek View Post
    This made my day as solo operator! Didn’t know about this feature! I have to buy some Canon glass. I guess lastest versions of 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200 they are all good glass right?
    And Jarred or anyone from RED? Can I set sensitivity on focus wheel for focusing with Canon glass? That would be absolutely stunning if i could :)
    Thanks
    +100

subscribed! would love to know the answer about this.
    Epic-W #000967

Quote Originally Posted by Karel Šimůnek View Post
    And Jarred or anyone from RED? Can I set sensitivity on focus wheel for focusing with Canon glass? That would be absolutely stunning if i could :)
    Yeah, the only thing preventing me from using the finger wheel for focus (on DSMC1 sidehandle), was that it was incredibly slow... And it doesn't matter how fast you turn the wheel; it almost makes it less responsive the faster you turned.
    Last edited by Mike P.; 02-02-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Mike: Are you saying the DSMC2 Side Handle works (however badly) on a DSMC1? It sounds like you're saying you tried it on a DSMC1 and it fit but it was slow. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
    Mike: Are you saying the DSMC2 Side Handle works (however badly) on a DSMC1? It sounds like you're saying you tried it on a DSMC1 and it fit but it was slow. Is that right?
    OH no... sorry, I meant using the finger wheel (of the DSMC1 side handle) to control the focus of EF lenses... I'm gonna add a quote to my previous post to hopefully avoid future confusion (and, yes, I know this is a DSMC2 sidehandle thread, but it's the same issue).

(sidenote: I'd totally prefer to use a DSMC2-styled sidehandle than the DSMC1 one though... that'd be rad).