Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDVOLT-V Battery

Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Why is that?

I have owned 3. None of them charged consistently. If they did charge (minor miracle) you have to use them immediately or they’ll blink green and not work at all. Not reliable what so ever. Get double the power for the same price from Core batts. REDvolts are just not REDs strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Tait View Post
    What's the general consensus on these overall?
    Anyone I’ve known with them loves the size and idea of them. But would never use them on a shoot.

I like them.

I bring mine, got 6 of them, when traveling. But then I usually go to shoots where there is an A camera that has a full set of larger V-Locks or if not I make sure the rest comes from the local rental place. But always nice to have some power source of my own that also does not get too much attention in the security check. My blueshape batteries no matter how many Ah always catch attention.

Just as the old small side handle volts I like these as they are convinient when you want a small camera and when you want back up power when using other powers sources that comes in trough the AC port. And these last longer than the old mini volts.

But for sure if shooting all day you would need a pile of these and you would go crazy for swapping batteries the whole time. But a great compliment to larger batteries. And I like these tons better than the old volts and volt XL's as they use the same charger as the rest of my batteries.

To me now red should come up with a V lock Volt that has male connectors in the back, so you could stack them both on camera and charger. Two of these behind each other would still be smaller than most batteries.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Thats awesome they've worked for you! Like i said the idea of them was awesome. But taking them on shoots over the last month and having each battery just decide to not work when I placed in the camera made it apparent they just weren't usable on real jobs.

If I actually got them to charge. Usually took 10-15 full resetting placements on a charger, i'd have to use them immediately. An hour or two later they'd blink the two outside light indicators and just brick. For the price there are just flat out better options out there, that are reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Loewe View Post
    Thats awesome they've worked for you! Like i said the idea of them was awesome. But taking them on shoots over the last month and having each battery just decide to not work when I placed in the camera made it apparent they just weren't usable on real jobs.

If I actually got them to charge. Usually took 10-15 full resetting placements on a charger, i'd have to use them immediately. An hour or two later they'd blink the two outside light indicators and just brick. For the price there are just flat out better options out there, that are reliable.
    That sounds awful. Mine has just worked since that first little incident. Really deflated them and such and they still take and hold charge just fine. Using a blueshape charger and the Vlock module for weapon.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Shelton View Post
    My RedVolt showed up today! Super light and really small! Thank you Jarred for making these amazing batteries. After two tests I get about 35-40 minutes of use. There are some pictures comparing the size against the DynaCore 155 batteries which are amazing as well.

Hello Jason, I have a question regarding your Misfit Atom clamped on Sigma Art. What clamp-on ring you used? Thanks
    KAREL ŠIMŮNEK
    RED SCARLET-W #996 "Phoenix"

Has anyone put these on DSMC1 with Quickplate yet? Granted after reading Jeffrey's experience(s), I'm even less likely to get them regardless.