Thread: Red Fashion Photography Dead?

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. #51 It's Not Dead, just needs new blood. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jameson View Post
    I would say that fashion photography in general is dead. It's there and still visible, so perhaps thats hard to come to grips with, but from someone who has been successfully shooting it for 20 years - i consider it over. I think fashion was a 50 year era and fascination that it is no longer relevant.
    I mean everywhere i Look I see Greg Kadel, Ben Watts, terry Richardson, Walter Chin, Guy Aroch photos everywhere.

Its not dead but hidden in many layers of shitty work.
    Last edited by Michael Crain; 09-10-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Epic-M Dragon #02778(Bella)
    www.arkhamscloset.com

Fashion photography, cinephotography and film is definitely not dead. It is morphing into several new form of media art and use of technologies . By combining the stills and film, fashion is evermore in demand. The incredible response to fashion film festivals is growing daily . The ability to work with stills and video and produce content for the fashion industry is only going to grow. Every major city has Fashion weeks, now, and there will be more. RED equipment is uniquely positioned to provide incredibly good images, for all formats of printed, still, film mediums.

I have been shooting a lot of stills with my Scarlet lately. I'm using it more with less experienced models and people who just can't get comfortable. The ability to let them move around and relax feeling like they don't need a countdown, 3,2,1, seems to work. It's working out pretty well.