Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New project...

Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
    What would be even more awesome, for the bubble blowing contingent, on that front is a technology that would allow the transmission of video signals through liquid. 'Beaming' an untethered video feed from an underwater shoot to a control deck on a boat or shore station who could then also control the camera from an equally untethered surface interface would be the epitome of cool.
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

"It's all Mother Nature's fault, she radicalised me at an early age"

"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that Wild country available to us, even if we do nothing more than drive to its edge, and peer in" -
    Wallace Stegner.

Sounds like a good idea. What frequencies work well under water?
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

I'm just the ideas guy....
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that Wild country available to us, even if we do nothing more than drive to its edge, and peer in" -
    Wallace Stegner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    Maybe an over-the-air video transmission codec that was designed along SpaceX so that when they go to Mars, they can transmit back tons of high quality 4k+ video back to us (maybe even live).
    Einstein would like a word with Jim if he could pull that off!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby McGettigan View Post
    Einstein would like a word with Jim if he could pull that off!
    Only if Jim somehow finds a way to take out the speed of light delay. ;-)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I am frustrated.

The development time to release of the 1st Oakley grip almost sent me to the hospital with a nervous breakdown. The 1st Oakley goggle was 9 months late. The 1st Oakley sunglass was a year late. The 1st RED camera was over a year late. The RED EPIC was more than 2 years late.

Everyone forgets that changing the world is not easy. Not me.

This new project already has me depressed. It is the most mind-numbing project I have ever worked on. I am more excited than ever . But delays in development have me up at 3am... just like old times.

I want nothing more than to share what the future will be. But sharing too early gives a roadmap to the competition.

Trust me when I tell you that this is big. The biggest. It should not be surprising that it has also proven to be the most difficult project I have ever worked on.

"Everything can and will be made better. It is just a matter of when and by whom." I said this back in 1975. It is true today.

I will say that AR and VR are now officially obsolete...

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 07-25-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    I am frustrated.

The development time to release of the 1st Oakley grip almost sent me to the hospital with a nervous breakdown. The 1st Oakley goggle was 9 months late. The 1st Oakley sunglass was a year late. The 1st RED camera was over a year late. The RED EPIC was more than 2 years late.

This new project already has me depressed. It is the most mind-numbing project I have ever worked on. I am more excited than ever . But delays in development have me up at 3am... just like old times.

I want nothing more than to share what the future will be. But sharing too early gives a roadmap to the competition.

Trust me when I tell you that this is big. The biggest. It should not be surprising that it has also proven to be the most difficult project I have ever worked on.

"Everything can and will be made better. It is just a matter of when and by whom." I said this back in 1975. It is true today.

Jim
    Don't stop. You can do it. But you already know that :)
    Mark L. Pederson

OK I'm going to go for immersive holographic technology allowing the 'tripper' to go to a Disco with Elvis, walk on the moon with Einstein or simply discuss the finer points of cool with Steve McQueen. But then again, that's just me, or am I trippin'?
    Last edited by Marc Thorpe; 07-25-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

Wallace Stegner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    I am frustrated.

Jim
    You're definitely working in the future when you get to say things like: AR and VR are obsolete. I love it!!! Hang in there Jim. Breakthrough is close. The world needs you. You got this!
    Your friendly Neighborhood REDuser
    Scarlet-W# 77
    http://spencerweaver.com/

When you say "game changer", do you mean like the smartphone was for the phone industry or like the wheel was for transportation?