Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New project...

Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 103 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    I love lamp....
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

"It's all Mother Nature's fault, she radicalised me at an early age"

"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that Wild country available to us, even if we do nothing more than drive to its edge, and peer in" -
    Wallace Stegner.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I'm not sure what "space" has to do with it though.
    I was thinking "space" as in volume - i.e. energy dense batteries would provide higher WH in a smaller, lighter package compared to current gen tech.

But I agree that new battery technology is a revolution that would change our world in extreme ways. Together with wireless charging, new battery technologies would essentially make cars that wont' need to be manually recharged... ever. It would make our phones last a week on one load but be recharged every time we are in-doors. It would create a true cable-less society where screens, computers, home equipment and so on might not need to be plugged in. Imagine a world where travel is infinite (except for tear down of the car and transport vehicles), no cables, wireless lamps and lights that doesn't need new batteries etc.

The possibilities with new power technologies, with wireless recharge and also if they finally solve fusion energy... it would profoundly change the world in ways that I would even call a new technological renascence. Well, maybe space has to do with wireless power... space between outlet and the electronic device. Otherwise it's about a new electronic propulsion in a Jim-spaceship
    Yeah any other revolution in technology is kind of secondary to the methods in which we generate, store, and transport (or transmit) the energy required to USE said technology!
    Carlino // duncanobryan.com
    Epic-W #004102 / Komodo #002607
    Moviecam Compact 3-perf
    Arriflex 35-III 3-perf

Once anyone is able to manufacturer a Star Trek style Food Replicator, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Halsell View Post
    Once anyone is able to manufacturer a Star Trek style Food Replicator, game over.
    I saw a 3D pizza printer at Southby this year...
    Bill Totolo
    billtotolo.com

Quote Originally Posted by M.Halsell View Post
    Lol. Working
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

As opposed to a 2D pizza printer Bill?!
    Epic-X #7473
    www.rapturefilm.com

Are we gonna see a pair of oakleys with a mini red camera embedded into the frame like google glasses?

Time Match
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.

Electro-temporal robotic vacuum cleaner.
    But works within a planet's atmosphere as well.

He, he Hrvoje. :)