Thread: V-mount Battery Chart

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sverker Hahn View Post
    Thanks.

I see that Switronix have V-mounts 85Wh even have A "TSA-friendly" sticker. Should be good for International also, shouldn´t they?

The Switronix Hypercore Slim RED 82WH seems to be ideal for nature and wildlife ...
    Well I'm not totally sure about the international regulations but I do need to look into it. TSA is an agency of the United States and doesn't regulate anything international.
    Brendan H. Banks
    Cinematographer
    Local 600 IATSE

Epic-W Helium #796

Hey Guys,

I'm a RED RAVEN owner with Base I/O V lock expander, I've got a couple of Switronix Hypercore Slims which are nice, however they only get about 1hr 20min of runtime, I was looking at higher capacity and longer runtimes so I bought 2 SWIT 8161S RED 190WH batteries which send the remaining runtime to the RED. Looking at the runtime I can now get approx 3hr 30min from these batteries. They are not the prettiest battery and are really bulky but glad to have the piece of mind on a shoot that I won't run out of batteries. Just thought I'd let the community know that they fit on DSMC2 and send the info through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sverker Hahn View Post
    Thanks.

I see that Switronix have V-mounts 85Wh even have A "TSA-friendly" sticker. Should be good for International also, shouldn´t they?

The Switronix Hypercore Slim RED 82WH seems to be ideal for nature and wildlife ...
    They are air travel safe for international as well.

My PowerU 150W V-mounts fit on the Raven, I added to the sheet but don't have the specs with me..great bang for buck

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Meier View Post
    FYI received the Bebob 98s and have been testing them out. I get almost exactly 98 minutes of run time (60W power draw) from a Raven with the 4.7" monitor and v-mount expander attached. It's consistent whether shooting RAW, ProRes or RAW+ProRes.

I'm impressed by the Bebob's. Nice and small, lightweight. Great for the price.
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy those as well. Do you mind sharing a pic so I can see how large they actually are on the Raven?

Do you use the Bebop VS2 for charging or a third party one?

Thanks in advance

A quick note on the MaxOak/Maxtar batteries.

The upsides:
    - only $230 for 177wh on Amazon
    - they show the % remaining in camera
    - 4-led power remaining readout
    - USB & P-Tap
    - includes AC walwart for charging
    - lasts 3.5 hours on one charge

The downside unfortunately, is rather significant:
    - they sit loose on the v-mount expander, and even the slightest bump of the camera will terminate the connection

I picked up two and modified the casing so that they sit nice and snug now, however I still can't recommend these. I'm going to reserve to using them to power lights and my field monitor, or as a larger backup battery.

(Image borrowed from Dan Landoni in the other v-mount thread, so hopefully he doesnt mind)

Last edited by Nathan DuMoulin; 08-16-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    SCARLET-W #54

I'm still rocking with my Power-U 190Wh when needed, outdoors.
    3 Hours of power. 8.5 hours to fully charge. Power indicators on batter are not accurate, no time remaining indication on camera.

Most of my shooting has been indoors on DC power though.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan DuMoulin View Post

The downside unfortunately, is rather significant:
    - they sit loose on the v-mount expander, and even the slightest bump of the camera will terminate the connection

I picked up two and modified the casing so that they sit nice and snug now, however I still can't recommend these. I'm going to reserve to using them to power lights and my field monitor, or as a larger backup battery.

(Image borrowed from Dan Landoni in the other v-mount thread, so hopefully he doesnt mind)

I got these as well and they sit tight. I think you contact their CS and probably get a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Abiodun Shote View Post
    I got these as well and they sit tight. I think you contact their CS and probably get a replacement
    Abiodun, thanks for the heads up.

Curious though, do you have yours mounted on the Red V-Mount expander, Red Base Expander + V-Mount addon, or a 3rd party solution?

I'm trying to figure out which combination is the culprit, as not only do mine not seat firmly, but I've also read numerous people making a similar claim. Thanks!
    Last edited by Nathan DuMoulin; 08-19-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    SCARLET-W #54

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan DuMoulin View Post
    Abiodun, thanks for the heads up.

Curious though, do you have yours mounted on the Red V-Mount expander, Red Base Expander + V-Mount addon, or a 3rd party solution?

I'm trying to figure out which combination is the culprit, as not only do mine not seat firmly, but I've also read numerous people making a similar claim. Thanks!
    Both on the V-lock I/O expander and on Wooden Camera Cable-less module. Infact my rental clients prefer it above the dynacore minis because of the long power life