Thread: HERE... Goes the RAVEN's market (Smh)

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 HERE... Goes the RAVEN's market (Smh) 
    $136 /day or weekend (NYC)??? (lol)... I am not going to say much about this.... however I'm just happy that I stop renting my gears three years ago. My EPICs, Ravens and whole production is only for my business use...

No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Good deal, thats well below %2 cost per day (especially with the beta discount)

I typically see rentals at 3%~5% cost as their day rate
    I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself. -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Reed View Post
    Good deal, thats well below %2 cost per day (especially with the beta discount)

I typically see rentals at 3%~5% cost as their day rate
    Hummm... I know times have changed, however I would still respect my fellow user's investment and keep it 3%+
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

What is it to you? Luke can rent his kit for however much he wants.

While we are at it, I am NYC based as well and will be renting my kit around the same price WITH lenses. I am fully insured so it doesn't matter. I am happy to help fellow junior filmmakers with cheap prices.

In the film days it was 1% so it's going back to that- I guess where it should be ..... The virtues of the free market... supply....demand..you get the picture...
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

You get a camera to USE it, not rent it out and/or complain when someone offers an unbeatable price on a new kit. Go out(side), shoot and don't be concerned with this crap.

Hey Kwan, how are you today? After posting the listing on sharegrid it is now at 200 a day, or, with sharegrid's 20% discount, comes out to 160. Not sure what you're insinuating by posting this thread. As a note, since this thread will now become publicity for my listing on sharegrid, (by the way, it is the ONLY Red Raven on New York's Sharegrid and it's super cheap!) I will stress that I will not consider shipping the raven out of state just yet. I may consider it in the future, but I would only like to conduct rentals face to face, locally as of now. Thank you.

Edited the listing to reflect limited availability as well as everyone's concern of destroying the raven market. Long live the Raven. Now 240 a day...
    Last edited by Luke Marcus Rosen; 05-25-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Kwan, your signature says "Rent 5K for $500/day - NYC".

Proportionally, isn't your rental price the same as Luke's?
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

The gear rental business is expensive and complex. Market saturation is a challenge, not just RED gear but cameras at every price point. The reaction of people who have been there and seen that is just because you can doesn't mean you always should. Really difficult to be profitable in the gear rental business, it's very capital intensive.

Anyone self insured and attempting to rent their own gear, I would encourage having a frank conversation with your insurance carrier about rental policy, particularly given the demographic of the rental user and the smaller camera weight profile potentially puts the camera in harms way.