Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing the Panavision DXL

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    What exactly is the light iron part in this? What's the change from what we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Ouch :D

But anyway, of course we are, it's threatening seeing something awesome like this we could never afford... it's the feeling of being left behind by innovation
    Well, if it is of any consolation, Panavision only RENTS their equipment and makes sure (like the GENESIS, which is based on a SONY 900) that all innovations/additions/modifications that they make to any camera and put their name on, is proprietary.

Very nice!
    Chris Argueta
    Washington, DC
    Chris@MirrorBoxLTD.com

EPIC-W
    MōVI PRO

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    What exactly is the light iron part in this? What's the change from what we know?
    Color science as I understand it, this is why I'm intrigued about if this is going to be in some ways available for regular Red cameras. With a color science that's been around for some time, that would be really welcome :)

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDON JAMESON View Post
    Well, if it is of any consolation, Panavision only RENTS their equipment and makes sure (like the GENESIS, which is based on a SONY 900) that all innovations/additions/modifications that they make to any camera and put their name on, is proprietary.
    Of course, but we could still drool over cool new innovation ;)
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

This is a super cool use of RED body and sensor. Especially with the LI color science and the lens talking directly to the remote. The color science I'm sure will be out of this world and probably only available in the DXL as Panavision keeps a handle on their products.

This is something a bit above what I will ever need but I still watched the entire video to see if any of the RED team would make an appearance...that was my only disappointment with this product launch video lol

Super super cool!!

I bet this will take off and some/most won't even know it's got Red DNA inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Arnold View Post
    The color science I'm sure will be out of this world and probably only available in the DXL as Panavision keeps a handle on their products.
    Well, maybe Red can still develop a new color science for the DSMC2 lineup on their own, inspired from what is done in this new camera.

Wow. This is outstanding and so exciting to see. Congratulations guys, this was not expected but such a great idea.