Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing the Panavision DXL

Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Maybe we could get the LI color science based on the current OLPF whenever they move on and tweak it for their own OLPF, why let the old color science just lie around
    I bet there ins't anything we couldn't do to make it LI compatible, that isn't allready in Graeme's color science.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    I bet there ins't anything we couldn't do to make it LI compatible, that isn't allready in Graeme's color science.
    I'm still gonna nag on Red and Graeme until we get it or something similar
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    My Grandfather told me many times ... "everything comes out in the wash."
    My fave quote of the day.

Another thing that has perhaps not been mentioned, is there are three AMERICAN movie companies - Panavision, RED and Light Iron - coming together to make a new kind of movie magic in Hollywood. There's something kind of wonderful about this - a reminder that Hollywood has ALWAYS been a home to incredible technical achievements, not just artistic ones.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Angst or excitement, but never a dull day here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    My fave quote of the day.

Another thing that has perhaps not been mentioned, is there are three AMERICAN movie companies - Panavision, RED and Light Iron - coming together to make a new kind of movie magic in Hollywood. There's something kind of wonderful about this - a reminder that Hollywood has ALWAYS been a home to incredible technical achievements, not just artistic ones.
    On a side note for this, will it ever be possible for other countries to rent the Panavision or will it strictly be Hollywood movies? Will there be Panavision rental offices around the world that provide the camera system for films? I get that most of the big budget scaled movies that this camera will be provided for is the bulk of the rentals, but I garantuee that it would be a hit globally.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

There are Panavision rental houses around the globe already.
    David Mullen, ASC
    Los Angeles
    http://www.davidmullenasc.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Mullen ASC View Post
    There are Panavision rental houses around the globe already.
    Yeah, but I meant with a number of these cameras. Or will there only be a handful?
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

I recognize RED design all over this thing. Panavision sticker is nice tho, its clearly a political and strategic move by RED.
    RED EPIC DRAGON #8131

Panavision wants to make a large number of these cameras and they would be available all around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Evgenios Zosimov View Post
    I recognize RED design all over this thing. Panavision sticker is nice tho, its clearly a political and strategic move by RED.
    On the contrary, this is a very natural growth for all three companies in my view. To imply Panavision simply slapped a sticker on it is shortsighted. I see it as a very nice blending of complimentary skills and talents from three very prominent organizations.