Thread: The first RED Weapon 8K has Landed!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The first RED Weapon 8K has Landed! 
    I am ecstatic to announce that the first RED Weapon 8K in the world has landed in Los Angeles, CA

Last week I posted a rather cryptic Instagram video eluding to the 8K VV's arrival.

Today, it is now in my hands. And a couple other folks got the good news this week as well.

That short film was the original promotional film shown in theaters before White Christmas, the first film shot on VistaVision, was released in theaters.

The RED Weapon 8K VV is slightly wider than VistaVision and hold a lot of creative potential. It's a format size that has played a very important role in my career in film and now will play an even more important role in the era of digital cinema cameras. This to me is one of the most exciting times in motion picture production and I enjoy creating bigger than life moving images. Camera technology has advanced so very much and this in many ways represents the bleeding edge in motion picture entertainment. Small camera, big images.

I'd like to thank RED and Jarred Land in particular for working extremely hard to push this camera out. These aren't easy to make at all and the effort put into this machine by everybody involved is extremely appreciated.

I have a bit of time before I'm off filming for a couple months with this beast on a fairly large shoot. I'll try to produce and book as many shoots before and after that shoot before the year is out as I possibly can.

I want images from this camera to end up on Cinema Screens, UHD Broadcast, Streaming, Special Exhibition, and even IMAX screens. I'll do my best to make that happen.

2016. 8K VV has landed.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K S35 Helium "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Senior Member Nicholas Austin Skinner's Avatar
    I can't wait to see more work from you and the 8K VV. 'Forged' is a beautiful short, but like you, I also eagerly anticipate seeing your work with this on the big screen. Exciting times indeed!

Congrats Phil! Can't wait to see what you produce with that beast.
    CF Weapon #1846
    Raven #430
    Reel

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I am ecstatic to announce that the first RED Weapon 8K in the world has landed in Los Angeles, CA

Last week I posted a rather cryptic Instagram video eluding to the 8K VV's arrival.

Today, it is now in my hands. And a couple other folks got the good news this week as well.

That short film was the original promotional film shown in theaters before White Christmas, the first film shot on VistaVision, was released in theaters.

The RED Weapon 8K VV is slightly wider than VistaVision and hold a lot of creative potential. It's a format size that has played a very important role in my career in film and now will play an even more important role in the era of digital cinema cameras. This to me is one of the most exciting times in motion picture production and I enjoy creating bigger than life moving images. Camera technology has advanced so very much and this in many ways represents the bleeding edge in motion picture entertainment. Small camera, big images.

I'd like to thank RED and Jarred Land in particular for working extremely hard to push this camera out. These aren't easy to make at all and the effort put into this machine by everybody involved is extremely appreciated.

I have a bit of time before I'm off filming for a couple months with this beast on a fairly large shoot. I'll try to produce and book as many shoots before and after that shoot before the year is out as I possibly can.

I want images from this camera to end up on Cinema Screens, UHD Broadcast, Streaming, Special Exhibition, and even IMAX screens. I'll do my best to make that happen.

2016. 8K VV has landed.
    Congrats Phil! This is good news but as you were expected to get an early one as you are somewhat of a beta tester, the really good news in your post is that some others have received theirs as well.

That suggests some of those precious 8k sensors are being allocated to the depositors. Very good news indeed.
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production

Yehaaaaa wowowowo ehehe ;)
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    WEAPON CF #831 "AUDREY"
    SCARLET-W #45 "HEIDI " , EPIC #668 .
    ARRI ALEXA EV

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch

Congrats man, well deserved. Enjoy!
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

Now Filming "The Southwest"
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: http://goo.gl/MTEOLO
    Snapchat: http://goo.gl/m67B6Y
    Twitter: http://goo.gl/kFBU3B

Epic Dragon #1107 Sold
    Helium Weapon hopefully soon

"The Southwest" is sponsored by Kessler Crane, Bright Tangerine, CW-Sonderoptic/Leica, AKiTiO, Rigid Industries, Miller Tripods, Rode Microphones, Maxtrax, BBS Lighting, Camprite

CONGRATS!!! Cant wait to see what you do with it Phil.

www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

Red One #83
    Weapon CF Helium 8K
    Weapon CF VV 8K

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Nice news Phil!
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

Congrats! Great to hear that some other will be joining you!
    Director|DP|Producer
    Trooper 8K | CF Weapon 8K | CF Dragon
    http://digitalcrossing.ca

i thought they have been shipping since last year? Have they really not shipped ANY? Except now.
    http://www.radiumpix.com
    http://www.bayareafilmmakers.com
    LOS ANGELES and SILICON VALLEY
    Red Epic-W 8k Helium Package
    Red Epic-x Dragon (Full shooters Kit)
    Zeiss CP.2 Kit, 25mm T2.1, 35mm T2.1, 50mm Makro T2.1, 85mm T1.5
    GL Optics 18-35mm T2 300 degree version
    Ronin-MX
    4ft MYTWorks Slider