Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The Update Thread

Closed Thread
Page 214 of 567 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 5664
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Come Oct 11, here EVERY. SINGLE. CAMERA. OWNER. has something at the table for them*
    * If you never did a formal transfer of ownership, folks, do it now. On Oct 11, you don't want to log on to RED.com and not be eligible for an upgrade for a camera you have in your possession....
    This part is making me super happy, but also super scared, lol.

I'm still the "official owner" of a Scarlet Dragon, but I sold the body (under the pretense that the upgrade is used, as I have used it for Scarlet-W upgrade). So no transfer of ownership took place. However, if I have to trade the body in... That sucks for me, but then I wouldn't have had the funds for the Epic-W anyway, so there's that.

Hey,

How long will the opportunity to upgrade from Dragon be on offer and will the pricing change?, I was planning to upgrade right on Oct 11 but just found out that my knee is blown and I need to go in for surgery therefore no shooting for 4 months making it tough for me to upgrade right away. Hoping that the pricing will stand for a little bit as I definitely want to get on board. As well will there be any different pricing for Dragon-M vs X?

Super stoked to see what you've got coming!

Jay

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Jay, there will be different upgrade paths for EPIC/SCARLEt DRAGON owners come Oct 11 that currently exist today. Both are great, yet different, options. The Oct 11 path will shut down EOY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    ..Weapon Helium 8K ( the $49k camera )
    There you go!!

So F&^&$#ing great!!

At some point if at all possible would be fantastic to get an idea on possibilities and cost to "RANGER-IZE" Helium or VV... :)
    F I L M M A K E R

Sounds like the Mg will be EOL come October then.

Buying Red cameras is almost turning into a treasure hunt!
    Scarlet MX
    2 RAVENs
    2 GEMINI
    MONSTRO

Great thanks Brent guess Ill need to hustle before surgery hehe. By that do you mean different between Dragon-M and Dragon-X? Just wondering if owning a pre NAB 2015 Epic-M Dragon will hold any weight anymore like it does in the current upgrade path.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    Good. Never liked that option. Lovin' the EPIC-W option for EPIC Dragon folks. Long time coming. Can't wait to hear more. But please, please give us more time than EOY... it's not easy to come up w funds for indie filmmakers like me who are NOT into the rental business. Please consider that. Thanks!!
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Latest action short film: "LAILA" https://www.facebook.com/thesuddenco...7155058905721/

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    DJ, not EOL, per se. Will still be supported via firmware upgrades and such. But, yes, as part of our lineup simplification, we will no longer be making new ones after Oct 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    DJ, not EOL, per se. Will still be supported via firmware upgrades and such. But, yes, as part of our lineup simplification, we will no longer be making new ones after Oct 11.
    I wonder if Scarlet-W will make it past the Oct 11 day, or it will be sharing the same fate with WMg :)