Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The Update Thread

Closed Thread
Page 479 of 567 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5664
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Sorry if that has already been answered...

Is there a way to order an Epic-W with a 6k Dragon sensor?
    Is there a way to swap out the S35 Dragon for a FF Dragon in the future?

Thanks
    Pat
    Paid sensor swapping (Helium to Dragon and Dragon to Helium) done AT RED will be possible with the Epic-W, but it will start life as an 8K Helium. If you want a Dragon 6K NOW, you'd just have to get a higher end Weapon. The Weapon Mg is going away...

Sounds like the wait time from the Dragon sensor production line makes getting a Dragon sensor in the Epic-W not possible for the near future.

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....=1#post1672402

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dowler View Post
    I was pretty sure the Epic-w was not for me, but as the day draws near, and as I think about drunken financing, I'm seriously contemplating getting an e-w just to rent out. I think I could easily pay it off within a year on sharegrid.... someone talk me out of it!!!
    That's what motivated me to tell my reply that I'd go for it. Rentals alone should be enough to recoup the cost of the camera in a year, but I was also thinking about my Himalayas trip next fall...
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    While I won't be upgrading, it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement of this thread. So excited for everyone moving up. Looking forward to the craziness on the 11th. I'll have my eye out for some of your DSMC1 accessories on the marketplace when you decide to put them up for sale.
    Anything in particular you're looking for?
    I have quite some in need to get out there for sale:

1 x 1.8 REDMAG MINI STATION
    1 x 1.8 REDMAG STATION
    1 x 2.5" REDMAG READER
    2 x 1.8 REDMAG 512GB
    1 x 1.8 REDMAG 128GB
    2 x Side Handle
    1 x RED ROCKET
    1 x OLPF Skintone
    1 x OLPF H2O
    1 x REDLINK
    1 x +1 Adaptor Module
    1 x RED MINI-MAG SIDE SSD MODULE
    1 x RED Tactical Cage
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Extreme Wildlife Cinematographer
    Fellow International at the Explorers Club (FI17)
    https://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO 'Forged' 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 8K VV #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON Nauticam WPN-LT Nauticam ROSSA "SHOGUN"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Merlen View Post
    hey guys i keep losing track of this thread...can anyone confirm how the VV deposit holders take the helium sensor instead deal works? or is there a sign up? one of my reds has a VV deposit so ideally i figured it could just be a helium sensor for now, particularly if VV guys get any sort of priority on it? Thanks!
    Us "VV NAB15 guys" are in the following scenario: "Don't call us, we'll call you"...
    Your rep will contact you once it's your turn in the VV-queue.
    They will do the same for the generous Helium Loaner program, easing our endless waiting time for VV.
    The "VV Helium Loaners" will have priority over the other Helium-sales so, my guess is: keep your phone close to you and fully charged tomorrow ;-)

EDIT: I interpreted something wrong down the line as VV-Depositors are not in front of the line for the Helium sensor-swap. My bad, sorry folks...

There is no "sign up", no "reservation", no... whatever for the "Helium Loaner program".

BTW: Thank you JARRED for having created this intermediate solution. It does ease the "pain" :-) Let's hope RED tackles the production hurdles on this difficult VV sensor soon so the lines can throttle up to cruising speed :-))
    Last edited by Michael Maes; 10-09-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Extreme Wildlife Cinematographer
    Fellow International at the Explorers Club (FI17)
    https://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO 'Forged' 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 8K VV #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON Nauticam WPN-LT Nauticam ROSSA "SHOGUN"

October 11 is a special day and it is known as "Remember Forever Day".
    Everybody wins! Mark my words! ;)

I agree, I think it will be a grape day for all.

Trying to decipher this massive thread and if someone could clarify for me that would be awesome.

I own a Epic MX, upgraded from a red one bought in 2008. On the 11th will there be an upgrade path for me to some new sensor/ body? If so what?... and what sort of price am I looking at?

Thanks Cinema Friends!
    Best Regards

Aaron Bernakevitch
    www.4kfilmproduction.com
    Show Reel http://vimeo.com/9036753
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2331563/
    RED # 4455 "DUCHESS"

- Things usually work out better than you plan. When you`re shooting a film you`re so close to it, it rarely lives up to your expectations while you`re there. You always want it to be better, more perfect. When you see a cut, maybe two or three months later, you come to it fresh. It`s generally much better than you thought it would be" RD

Epic MX to Epic W $19500 trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by Manoj Kumar S View Post
    Dear Jarred Land,

converted to Scarlet W IO package in Dec 2015 from Raven deposit, mine is an Educational Account. Now looking forward to Epic W upgrade path, curious over the educational pricing. any good news for me? Thank you.

Manoj (2nd year Cinematography, Rama Naidu Film School)
    I mean come on guy... its a once in a lifetime ten thousand dollar discount and you're literally asking for even more of a discount. This question is almost as bad as the "unfair, left behind" comments. Please use a little better judgement.

Everybody who wants to trade-in to Epic-W is going to be kicking themselves for not taking advantage of the $20K Epic-W deal in the next 2 days.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4