Thread: URGENT! Help our fellow reduser Brandon Fowler fund his Stem Cell Transplant

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 URGENT! Help our fellow reduser Brandon Fowler fund his Stem Cell Transplant 
    Dear redusers,

first things first: I want you to know that I'm creating this post of my own accord and Brandon did not ask me to do this.

Quite a few of you already know, that our fellow reduser Brandon Fowler [Hybrid Vigor] has been diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases including Multiple Sclerosis. Brandon is a lovely, nice and modest dude, who's not really comfortable asking for help - but to me the essence of reduser is giving and helping each other out. And now, that a fellow reduser is in real need, stepping up for him is not a question at all!

So what is this about?
    Brandon has about 1 month to raise the money for an urgent stem cell treatment or he could face permanent disability!

He's been fighting to get one of the largest group buys on this forum done while being in and out of the hospital. During one of his health attacks, he also began to lose his eyesight, which to me is one of the worst nightmares, a film maker can face. But even worse, his health is now rapidly declining and he needs urgent treatment or he could soon face permanent disability. He's been selling off his gear to pay for the treatment, but as you can imagine the bills he will face are enormous. So I wanted to start a fundraiser for him to aid in covering his medical care expenses. I contacted him and he told me about a fundraiser his father already started. So I went along and donated last week and am now trying to get more of us to join in. Every dollar counts!

Brandon's condition & treatment

I took the liberty of quoting some of Brandon's own words from our private communications and his statement from the youtube page. This should explain everything.

Note Suwanchote, who is also on RU and in the Group Buy, filmed an interview with my dad (they happen to live near each other) [...]. My dad has the same type of disease and is totally paralyzed from the chest down because of it. It hit him 8 years ago. He is in really bad shape now. If he could have gotten this treatment back then he would still be walking today.
    YOUTUBE LINK

Some of you know the health problems I have had the last few years and how much worse they have gotten recently.

I have an opportunity to get a breakthrough stem cell treatment that will fix the autoimmune diseases I've been dealing with (multiple sclerosis, lupus, etc). Normally the waiting list is up to 3 years, but I was offered a cancellation because of how rapidly my health has been crashing.

Unfortunately insurance does not cover this and the treatment will cost around $75,000 in all. I'm selling anything I can of value to help get the funds together for this, but will still come up well short of what is needed.

My family has helped setup a fundraising campaign with the nonprofit HelpHOPELive to help raise the rest of the money.

Here's the page: https://helphopelive.org/campaign/10598

I really don't feel comfortable putting myself out there like this, but it's, realistically, my only shot to not end up in a wheelchair or worse. The stakes are real.

My treatment date is September 6th, which means we have a month to raise the money. It can't be delayed. The video explains everything.

Even if you can't make a donation, just spreading the word by sharing this video and post is a huge help.

Thank you!

Brandon
    Writer, Producer, Director
    Hybrid Vigor

The Fundraiser

The fundraiser is being done through an official charity, so it's 100% tax deductible and the charity pays the hospital doing his treatment directly. This helps make sure the money raised isn't taxed as income for Brandon.

https://helphopelive.org/campaign/10598

Brandon also set up a donation page with PayPal for those of you who prefer that:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3ANonHosted

Please help our friend in need and go donate for his treatment. As I said before: every dollar counts.
    Thank you everybody so much for your help!

Best, Patrick

PS. Brandon, I hope you can forgive me for quoting you and posting your portrait. All the best of health and luck to you! I hope I can make a little bit of a difference.

Please also like and share his Dad's campaign post on Facebook to make this as well known as possible

https://www.facebook.com/gary.fowler...message_bubble

From his sister on Facebook:
    It's worth noting: "Several people have asked why the total hasn't gone up after they have made a donation. The fundraising total on the campaign page is only updated once every evening Monday through Friday (US time) and not in real-time. The charity manually approves each donation. Oh, and for every $10,000 raised HelpHOPELive will donate around $700 to the campaign! That's awesome! Thanks for all your support, everyone and please keep sharing the video! The family really appreciates everything! If you have any questions just let us know."
    UPDATE 8/8/16:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    The weekend updates are done. We're off to an amazing start!

$13.555 raised

Brandon just posted a big thank you note on Facebook and you were all part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Fowler
    I really can't thank you all enough. After just 3.5 days we are up to $13,555 raised. That means we are well over 25% of the way there! The video also has over 14,000 views since Thursday, which is crazy to even think about.
    The goal is definitely in reach. We just need to keep the momentum going. Anything you can do to keep spreading the word is hugely appreciated. Even just sharing this video is a big help.
    Thanks again for your generosity and support. I really don't even know what to say. "Thank you" doesn't even feel like it's enough. Just know it means a lot to me.

UPDATE 8/22/16:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    And another big goal has been reached. After the weekend updates are in, we're 50% there.

$25.105 raised

And while this is great news, we only have 2 weeks left to raise the other $25K.

Brandon's having trouble with his vision again since the last attack. He's been in bad shape the last week and the attacks happen more often than they should.

As I mentioned before, Brandon is trying to sell his RED Kit in order to get more funding in. If there is any way to safe this from happening, we need more donations. Please share this with everybody and let's make a difference together.

Thank you everybody for your help!

Just gave.

Brandon is a great dude.

Lets all rally to his aid.

thx
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    Just gave.

Brandon is a great dude.

Lets all rally to his aid.

thx

thank you Nick!!

Done. Any money helps.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

Done....
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Just donated.

This seems legit and there are currently over 60,000 redusers online so if even 10% donate $10 it will meet his goal.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Done! Thanks for putting this together Patrick!

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    Digital Domain
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

I really can't thank you guys enough. I don't feel comfortable putting myself out there like this, but I'm at the limit of what I can do physically and financially, and this is my only shot to not end up in a wheelchair. The stakes are real.

If you are not familiar with HelpHOPELive, they are one of the only sites like this that are a registered charity. They verify everything with the hospital before approving the campaign, and send the money that is raised directly to the hospital to pay for the medical costs. Donations are 100% tax deductible (most aren't), there are employer matching options, and the money raised is not treated as taxable income like it can be with sites like GoFundMe. The only negative is donations are not added publicly in real time, there's a 24 hour delay.

If anyone wants to follow/friend me on Facebook to follow along, my profile is here: https://www.facebook.com/lostinriga

I also really want to thank Note Suwanchote and his brother for going out and filming this interview with my dad. He's a fellow RU member who was also in the LED Group Buy.

I wasn't going to post any of this here, but thank you for insisting, Patrick. You rock. You all do.

Done. I'm positive the goal will be reached in no time!

all the best, Brandon.